2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs aren’t going to buy a player based on a manager saying he was good in a press conference.

He is not gonna slate players publicly. If you want that to happen then you will need a different manager.

Either he rates Pickford so will be trying to encourage him.

Or he doesn't rate Pickford and wants to get a good fee for him from another club, so saying he's crap is hardly sound logic.

Or he hasn't made up his mind yet regarding Pickford and whether to prioritise that position, so he will go down the route of encouragement in the hope he finds form.

I would lean towards it being the latter option with Ancelotti. He will be weighing up whether spending a large amount of our budget on a keeper is worthwhile this summer. I would like to replace Pickford, but I think it's very unlikely this summer as money will be limited, and the manager will prioritise midfield.

He is not gonna slate players publicly. If you want that to happen then you will need a different manager.

Either he rates Pickford so will be trying to encourage him.

Or he doesn't rate Pickford and wants to get a good fee for him from another club, so saying he's crap is hardly sound logic.

Or he hasn't made up his mind yet regarding Pickford and whether to prioritise that position, so he will go down the route of encouragement in the hope he finds form.

I would lean towards it being the latter option with Ancelotti. He will be weighing up whether spending a large amount of our budget on a keeper is worthwhile this summer. I would like to replace Pickford, but I think it's very unlikely this summer as money will be limited, and the manager will prioritise midfield.

He doesn’t have to say he’s crap though, he could just not mention him, like he doesn’t mention most of the other players.

I think a lot of people forget how far we have come already under Ancelloti. This season has been a total mess and our final league standing won't really reflect badly on Ancelloti at all.

He's working miracles at the moment with what he's got and every man and his dog can see we have some utter cowards who line up for us every week.

Im sure he will get the key players in the summer to help strengthen the side, my only worry is that we need 4 or 5 top quality players just to get back up to being competitive. Maybe more than that to compete at the very top which he's talking about.

It's obviously not his fault at all but this must be extremely humiliating for him at the moment being known as the manager of this current team. I bet the season can't end soon enough for him to start the clear out. By far the worst side he has ever managed. Hopefully that will change soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.