Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok mate so say we sign James this summer, which I'm actually not against if it is around 20m like has been said lately, then what? Thiago Silva on a free? Allan? Danny Ings? What's your path to Europe next year? And how does that path stay open for more than just next year?

Well how are Leicester and Wolves doing it?

If the club goes with your atittude of 'its impossible' we may aswell appoint Allardyce as manager on half Carlos wages and call it a day and save the owner millions.

The plan should be proven players & mixed with Richarlison type prospects who are good enough to step up now - the likes of Sarr at Watford for example.

Well how are Leicester and Wolves doing it?

If the club goes with your atittude of 'its impossible' we may aswell appoint Allardyce as manager on half Carlos wages and call it a day and save the owner millions.

The plan should be proven players & mixed with Richarlison type prospects who are good enough to step up now - the likes of Sarr at Watford for example.
Wait you can't say "follow Leicester and Wolves" and then also say "spend big on proven players". Neither of them did that.

Just passing on what information I hear but received this today:

"Foden is ours "
6131002f5184ffac070a87d2151e3858.jpg

Starts September I here.

you mean we're signing donkey Delph again!
The signing of Delph would have seemed to be the exact player we needed.
Even as it is he would be a substantial improvement in our midfield , if fit.

However, he is never fit and does seem to believe that we should accept that he is a better player than what he has really ever shown us.
I think in can do a decent job in an already strong team but when he was expected to be the main man he just wilted.

I know Carlo isn't the normal manager but I HATE the "knows and trust" transfers. Martinez brought in Kone and Alcaraz. Koeman brought in fn Cuco Martina.

Again, I know its a completely different manager and players but those really have the chance to hamstring the club down the road if they don't work out.

I guess all do really. I don't know, Im just tired of managers bringing tosh from their old tosh club to ours. Tho Napoli aren't tosh...I don't know, Im rambling..
I think that new managers like to have some players around them they know they can trust.
I am sure CA knows what he needs to bring to our team and probably has a couple of players in mind for this.

This strategy is fine as long as we are still recruiting talented youngsters for the future as we did with the right back last week, whose name I can't remember.

Wait you can't say "follow Leicester and Wolves" and then also say "spend big on proven players". Neither of them did that.

Wolves have spent a fair penny over recent years as have Leicester - just because they haven't wasted £45 million on Siggurdsson doesnt mean they haven't spent.

The strategy for me is clear and I think its one Ancelotti will follow judging by his comment on not needing youth - he wants players in NOW to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.