Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree about the positions that are more important , while still having Keane and Mina to a lesser extent. We will be forced to sit deep.
And to do that for maybe another season, is going to effect the set up of the team.

Do you then tell all the players the following Season, when we’ve bought another fast defender we are going to play higher up the pitch now and become a pressing team.
Totally agree with this. If we’re going to camp at the edge of our own box there’s no point in even investing in the midfield, we might as well just use the players we’ve got and set up like Burnley. You can’t go out and spend £80m on new midfielders and then ask them to sit in front of the back 4 because they fall to pieces when people run at them.

Totally agree with this. If we’re going to camp at the edge of our own box there’s no point in even investing in the midfield, we might as well just use the players we’ve got and set up like Burnley. You can’t go out and spend £80m on new midfielders and then ask them to sit in front of the back 4 because they fall to pieces when people run at them.

We haven't replaced Gana. That's the key issue.

With him you had the ability to push up knowing he'd mop up any quick counter when you're caught out.

Compare that to yesterday - nobody could move further than 10 yards because of the lack of pace and interception/tackling ability.

For me, a defensive midfielder is a must. I actually have faith that Gomes alongside one would be a transformative player - a cultured deep lying playmaker. For that, you need capable wide players running ahead.

So a defensive midfield and at least one winger, and ideally an attacking mid/playmaker. But overall there's no doubt in my mind that the midfield is the key issue.

Their best player is hardly Morelos, I'd rather have Kent...and I wouldn't have him either. And, in any case, even if he was the best player for the 2nd best team in a pony league he wouldn't be worth £12M.
I mean you can hardly say that.. Celtic purchased Van Dijk for 2.5M and sold him for 13M to Southhampton... Hes the best defender in the world. Some guys are worth the chance. Im not saying the colombian.

Something that would help our attacking is a left footed attacker - we don't bloody have one. City have got like 6 ffs. We are so predictable to defend against I feel like when everyone apart from our LEFT back is right footed.

We haven't replaced Gana. That's the key issue.

With him you had the ability to push up knowing he'd mop up any quick counter when you're caught out.

Compare that to yesterday - nobody could move further than 10 yards because of the lack of pace and interception/tackling ability.

For me, a defensive midfielder is a must. I actually have faith that Gomes alongside one would be a transformative player - a cultured deep lying playmaker. For that, you need capable wide players running ahead.

So a defensive midfield and at least one winger, and ideally an attacking mid/playmaker. But overall there's no doubt in my mind that the midfield is the key issue.
Oh midfield is definitely the key issue, I’ve been saying that all season. The problem is that you can’t push up with Keane at centre half, that was my point. It’s pointless going and getting a new midfield and wingers if you’re going to concede every time a team punts the ball over the top because your defenders are treading water. We need to improve both areas.

One player? Who says he won’t come good?

I'm not saying he won't

We can't go out and buy a whole team of up and comers, if we do and we end up with a team full of Moise Keans from this season we would end up going down!

You asked why we are not signing players about to start their career journey, Kean proves that we are. Gbamin was only 23 when we got him, Mina 23, Richarlison 20, even Alex Iwobi is still young, it's not like we don't do it.

I liked Gary Neville's comments last night. He talks about the team like we do. I also like the fact that he's not a walking football encyclopedia and is not always coming out with stats. In fact he was as shocked as I was about the fact we've not won from being behind at half time since before the old king died.
Yeah neville isn't stupid and is actually a good pundit even if his voice could bore the skin off a rice pudding. I just like the fact he was all over Sigurdsson for being a blurt and not even challenging

I'm not saying he won't

We can't go out and buy a whole team of up and comers, if we do and we end up with a team full of Moise Keans from this season we would end up going down!

You asked why we are not signing players about to start their career journey, Kean proves that we are. Gbamin was only 23 when we got him, Mina 23, Richarlison 20, even Alex Iwobi is still young, it's not like we don't do it.
I’m not one of the fifa virgins saying we should have a team of 12 yearolds.

Richarlison is a good advocation of signing highly rated youngsters. Iwobi, Gbamin (who I like) and Mina weren’t particularly highly rated or the same kind of profile as David.

Essentially I want us to be signing better players who we don’t all know are going to be disasters from the outset like your Iwobi’s, Bolasies, Sidibes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.