Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes priorities change. To me it's pretty glaring that cm is the weakest area by some distance. Keane and Mina aren't perfect, but are nowhere near the level of problems we have in other positions.
While I agree about the positions that are more important , while still having Keane and Mina to a lesser extent. We will be forced to sit deep.
And to do that for maybe another season, is going to effect the set up of the team.

Do you then tell all the players the following Season, when we’ve bought another fast defender we are going to play higher up the pitch now and become a pressing team.

While I agree about the positions that are more important , while still having Keane and Mina to a lesser extent. We will be forced to sit deep.
And to do that for maybe another season, is going to effect the set up of the team.

Do you then tell all the players the following Season, when we’ve bought another fast defender we are going to play higher up the pitch now and become a pressing team.

I think we have bigger priorities than becoming a high press team who push up the pitch.

I think sometimes priorities change. To me it's pretty glaring that cm is the weakest area by some distance. Keane and Mina aren't perfect, but are nowhere near the level of problems we have in other positions.

If Mina was fit it should be him and Holgate.

Both are more mobile, faster, pass the ball better and can bring the ball into midfield better than what Keane can. Keane is one of the biggest issues in getting the ball forward from the back.

Obviously though it doesn't help when one of them does pass the ball into midfield Davies gives it straight back to the opposition. lol lol

I think we have bigger priorities than becoming a high press team who push up the pitch.
But surely Ancelotti has to build the team to his style. It’s the only reason we are so deep because of Keane inability to defend higher up the pitch and the shocking midfield in front of the defence.

Even Leicester had 65% possession against Us. We will get nowhere with that style. I’m not saying he wants us to play like Liverpool or city. But his comments after Liverpool’s kids beats us on how poor we were at the back when We get pressed, was telling imo. And the fact that the Gabriel deal wouid have probably been done but for covid.

The midfield needs sorting I agree, but I still expect us to buy a CB.

But surely Ancelotti has to build the team to his style. It’s the only reason we are so deep because of Keane inability to defend higher up the pitch and the shocking midfield in front of the defence.

Even Leicester had 65% possession against Us. We will get nowhere with that style. I’m not saying he wants us to play like Liverpool or city. But his comments after Liverpool’s kids beats us on how poor we were at the back when We get pressed, was telling imo. And the fact that the Gabriel deal wouid have probably been done but for covid.

The midfield needs sorting I agree, but I still expect us to buy a CB.

Maybe he's happy defending deeper? I think his style will be tactical flexibility.

Maybe he's happy defending deeper? I think his style will be tactical flexibility.
I do think he’s not the out and out attacking manager. And he’s tactically very astute.

And I’m sure at a Liverpool, Utd and city next season he will set up defensively. But I also didn’t think he’s Like mourinho, who’s defensive no matter what.

I agree that we have other positions that aren't perfect, but if we play a 4-4-2 then it really is that whole midfield 4 that needs the attention. That group is barely serviceable....

Yes, our keeper can give us fits, our right back is getting old and his presumable understudy has only gotten real time in Germany, while we wish we had two standout center halves rather than one who is okay when not asked to do too much, one who spends too much time injured and one who, while very promising, is not quite top class. If reports are to be believed we have promising youngsters in Gibson and Branthwaite. Our left back is solid to very good depending on the day. We should have no complaints, for once, about the 2 playing up top as both are good and only going to get better.

Could some of those positions be improved upon - of course. Are they dire, not like the middle 4.

The middle 4 is woeful.

Our wide players offer next to nothing. Iwobi may come good then again more likely he won't, Walcott is past it (though perhaps a serviceable sub at a reduced wage), Bernard is a luxury player that we don't have the luxury of having, and young Gordon is young - though admittedly promising.

Our central players are crap or injured. Gomes not fully back (or worse just damaged), Gbamin is perma crocked (feel poorly for him), Gylfi seems to have lost it or mailed it in since getting married, Davies is a bench player at best and Delph seems to not be bothered.

1 wide player and 2 center mids is the minimum. For me Delph, Bernard and Gylfi have to be on the block to be sold and if a good offer comes in for any of the rest of the middle 4 - barring Gordon - we have to seriously consider it.

Priorities in order have to be:
2 central midfielders
1 goalkeeper
1 right sides mid/winger
1 right back

We don’t have a midfield, yet we’re hardly conceding any chances other than the ones Pickford creates on his own. I don’t think center back will be a focus area unless it’s some 20-22 year old who can provide depth. Holgate, Mina, and Keane really isn’t a bad set of 3. I trust Carlo to continue utilizing Keane in the correct way.

...I wouldn’t want him for £30m. Saying that, I’m just an Everton fan and if the DoF wants him, then he knows a lot more than me.

i really don’t like complicated players who go on dazzling runs down cul-de-sacs with no end product. Richarlison is uncomplicated, Zaha is complicated.

Would you have taken iwobi for £30m? because I'm just a fan also and I'd expect the DOF to know a lot more than me, but even i knew that'd be a car crash signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.