Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drawn to him regardless of injuries. He could be in a wheelchair with his legs in solid casts and still be better than our current midfielders.

Where would he play for us? He’s not a centre mid and he doesn’t play out wide. We’d have to change formation and have him as a number 10. Only way I can see that happening is if we move to a diamond.

Chamberlain on more than mane hes a.bag of shixx.carnt stand that lad dancing with his bird on the social media right in the middle of a pandemic lockdown, what a shix bag.
I think he’s their soundest player ever tbf

Quite minor in the grand scheme but he always always used to applaud our fans when he was at Arsenal too

Where would he play for us? He’s not a centre mid and he doesn’t play out wide. We’d have to change formation and have him as a number 10. Only way I can see that happening is if we move to a diamond.
What did Carlo do as Chelsea with Lampard? he was also more of a creative hole player and im pretty sure he played 442 at Chelsea.

James has played 30 matches as a RW in La Liga with 12 goals and 9 assists. Assuming his health is good, no reason why he can't play along the right for us
I would rather us buy a fast wide forward to play off the right, but you can’t argue with James’s numbers. I know people will say well he’s played for one of the best in Spain and the best in Germany.

If he is available cheap, maybe a small Loan type down Payment and not huge wages. I would definitely take him.

And maybe Ancelotti will play his 4222 system, with James tucking in off the right and Gordon/iwobi off the left. Obviously we will need a quality RB And 2 aggressive midfielders to make that system work. Imagine how many more chance the front 2 would get.

Sell Bernard to cover the initial loan payment and his wages will probably cover a lot of what James wouid want

James has played 30 matches as a RW in La Liga with 12 goals and 9 assists. Assuming his health is good, no reason why he can't play along the right for us

Which season are you talking about? Please don’t tell me that those figures are over several different seasons?

Which season are you talking about? Please don’t tell me that those figures are over several different seasons?
It's across multiple seasons. But people are acting like it's outrageous for him to play out wide when it's his second most played position.

Yes that is tough. Although if we want to be competing at some point the wage bill has to go up.
85% of turnover already, not sure it can go up without a substantial increase in revenue. I don't see how we can substantially increase our revenue in the short term given we've just got a new sponsor and a new kit deal combined with post 'rona stadium revenues and TV markets.

Bit on Hojbjerg...feller seems like a proper captain on interviews. When it's gash, he'll say it's gash.
He’s clearly not overly popular on here but I do like him. Think he’s got a lot of attributes we currently lack. Need another midfielder even if he’s brought in though.
Thats more to do with Spurs being a very good team even without Kane mate (I cant speak about us I wasn't old enough to remember but I imagine it was during a team we had very good players).

But ultimately a team misses their best players look at City this year without Kompany/Laporte, RS in the derby without Salad, us without Lukaku/Gana.

Not saying he wont make it here but when you read Saints forums and see them largely not arsed he's offski added to their decent results without him doesnt exactly scream like he's gonna come in and make a massive impact does it?

At best he might be one of those James Milner type cogs who keeps us ticking over.

Still think we are crying out for a talisman box to box type destroyer.

Seems to be a 7/10 player most games which gives us some stability and consistency in the middle. Also if he follows Ancelottis instructions he may well improve.

Sometimes players are valuable for the team rather than solely individual ability.

Seeing alot of Villa fans on twitter say they've heard rumours Grealish has already agreed a move to a club and is putting in half arsed performances in order to avoid injury.

Doubt it would be us like but would be decent if we went out for quality rather than quantity.

Never seen the hype in him up until this season but he has looked the part.

Cracking barnet aswell.

Brands has said we wont be after 'names' so i took that to mean no to James or Grealish etc

It's across multiple seasons. But people are acting like it's outrageous for him to play out wide when it's his second most played position.

Well Willian has 11 goals and 7 assists from out wide this season alone, he’s on a free, and hasn’t spent 75% of the last three seasons doing a Gbamin on the treatment table.

I know who I’d rather sign, but Everton seem to love buying crocks.

There’s a reason why he’s supposedly available for 18 million, it’s the same reason why Rooney was valued at 10 million when we were stupid enough to sign him. It’s because he’s knackered!

Please stay away from crocks, and fat and knackered has-beens!

Willian isn’t fat or knackered, he’s still one of the best right wingers in the Premier League, and not the German ale house league!

I kinda feel like the people that want James Rodriguez the most are drawn to him because in their mind it would represent a “big name” signing and would be excited that the media might label it as a “transfer coup.”
He's also really really good at football. I know people tend to think that just means he was good at the World Cup, but honestly the only thing that has ever prevented him from being world class is injuries. When he plays he is still ace. That's why this new cut rate price makes it worth the risk.

Well Willian has 11 goals and 7 assists from out wide this season alone, he’s on a free, and hasn’t spent 75% of the last three seasons doing a Gbamin on the treatment table.

I know who I’d rather sign, but Everton seem to love buying crocks.

There’s a reason why he’s supposedly available for 18 million, it’s the same reason why Rooney was valued at 10 million when we were stupid enough to sign him. It’s because he’s knackered!

Please stay away from crocks, and fat and knackered has-beens!

Willian isn’t fat or knackered, he’s still one of the best right wingers in the Premier League, and not the German ale house league!
Rodriguez is also the much better player. I get not wanting injury risks but ability wise it isn't that close. WIllian is also 3 or 4 years older.

Status
Not open for further replies.