2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talk some serious wham, he’s doing a good job. Just cause he has bought the busted knees boys(ings/Wilson) for ridiculous fees and wages. He improved the squad, lowered the age and lowered the wages

But he isnt because yano multiple people have criticised him including renowned Evertonians at the AGM calling for him to stand down from the board.

You're trying to pretend 99% of Blues love him and its just a man and his dog who doesn't- which is disingenuous.

But he isnt because yano multiple people have criticised him including renowned Evertonians at the AGM calling for him to stand down from the board.

You're trying to pretend 99% of Blues love him and its just a man and his dog who doesn't- which is disingenuous.
Got to look at the bigger picture, he said himself, if you want short term success look elsewhere.
He walked in to a total mess and slowly but surely he’s getting there, once the dead woods gone and now having a world class manager we will see improvement and that has already started on the pitch.

Was this an actual motion tabled by shareholders at the AGM? Cos I think I would have heard about that.

Got to look at the bigger picture, he said himself, if you want short term success look elsewhere.
He walked in to a total mess and slowly but surely he’s getting there, once the dead woods gone and now having a world class manager we will see improvement and that has already started on the pitch.

Im not pretending he's had it easy following on from Walsh mate - however im not prepared to keep blaming a regime that was 3 years ago this summer - since then £200 million has been spent and we haven't moved any further forward (we finished 8th last 2 seasons and likely will finish below that this season).

The problem on here is people see criticism as a bad thing when its not - the best in the world take criticism on board and improve on it.

If your boss does nothing but blow smoke up your arse and gloss over your mistakes how can you ever develop/improve?

He had a shocker last summer - own it and sort it out dont keep blaming the phantom Walsh from 3 seasons ago - he didnt make us sign crap like Delph, Iwobi & Kean.

1 ‘Evertonian’ made a motion and not a single person took him in any way seriously because he’s an utter bumpkin

Im not pretending he's had it easy following on from Walsh mate - however im not prepared to keep blaming a regime that was 3 years ago this summer - since then £200 million has been spent and we haven't moved any further forward (we finished 8th last 2 seasons and likely will finish below that this season).

The problem on here is people see criticism as a bad thing when its not - the best in the world take criticism on board and improve on it.

If your boss does nothing but blow smoke up your arse and gloss over your mistakes how can you ever develop/improve?

He had a shocker last summer - own it and sort it out dont keep blaming the phantom Walsh from 3 seasons ago - he didnt make us sign crap like Delph, Iwobi & Kean.
1st off, players not performing are down to the manager not the DOF.
We needed a leader so we got Delph, as he a proven winner and should be a leader on and off the pitch.
Iwobi is 23 years old, yes he played a lot of games but he still young and had an injury with kept him out.
Kean is 19 maybe 20 now. You don’t play in Juventus 1st team if your no good. He needs time to adapt, give the lad a chance.
Silva is why we are not higher in the league, seem forever ago he was our manager, he insisted on playing 4-2-3-1 which doesn’t suit anyone

Hes spent 168m.

He bought Richarlison who is our best attacker and Digne who is our best defender.

Injuries to Gomes and Gmblammo have taken the shine off and Iwobi so far looks to be his only stinker.

Delph was always a gamble and his fee highlights it.

We would make a profit on Bernard, Lossl, Richarlison and Digne without question.

We would probably get at least our money back on Mina and Kean.

The squad has been improved without question.

No, it hasn't been perfect, but hey, who expected perfection?

1st off, players not performing are down to the manager not the DOF.
We needed a leader so we got Delph, as he a proven winner and should be a leader on and off the pitch.
Iwobi is 23 years old, yes he played a lot of games but he still young and had an injury with kept him out.
Kean is 19 maybe 20 now. You don’t play in Juventus 1st team if your no good. He needs time to adapt, give the lad a chance.
Silva is why we are not higher in the league, seem forever ago he was our manager, he insisted on playing 4-2-3-1 which doesn’t suit anyone

1. Interesting so if we dont improve next season you're gonna blame Ancelotti? As all the Brands fans had it easy deflecting all blame onto Silva who wasn't helped in the slightest. Like Koeman was done by Walsh signing 3 number 10s and no replacement for Lukaku Silva was done by Brands not bringing in an experienced CF when we were desperate for a goalscorer, not replacing Gana effectively and not bringing in another CB.

2. Delph is the biggest joker around - always injured, calls his team mates crap and scraps with the clubs fans online - yeah solid leader him.

3. Iwobi is 23 - Greenwood is about 18 no excuses he's an established international player who played alot of games at Arsenal

4. Kean I agree he's young - but at £27 million you want someone who can atleast contribute to the team he isnt some £2 million punt like Holgate.

Excuses Excuses Excuses.

Never my fault momma no siree.

1. Interesting so if we dont improve next season you're gonna blame Ancelotti? As all the Brands fans had it easy deflecting all blame onto Silva who wasn't helped in the slightest. Like Koeman was done by Walsh signing 3 number 10s and no replacement for Lukaku Silva was done by Brands not bringing in an experienced CF when we were desperate for a goalscorer, not replacing Gana effectively and not bringing in another CB.

2. Delph is the biggest joker around - always injured, calls his team mates crap and scraps with the clubs fans online - yeah solid leader him.

3. Iwobi is 23 - Greenwood is about 18 no excuses he's an established international player who played alot of games at Arsenal

4. Kean I agree he's young - but at £27 million you want someone who can atleast contribute to the team he isnt some £2 million punt like Holgate.

Excuses Excuses Excuses.

But we have improved mate.

But so have 5 or 6 other clubs in the league.

Nobody stands still in this league.

Excuses Excuses Excuses.

We started the season playing 1 up top and we had Rich and DCL, and they said they didn’t want to stunt DCL growth up front, so they bought a 19 year old kid with bags of talent. DCL and Rich have both his 10+ goals.
Koeman isn’t a great manager but Walsh not buying him a striker was Walsh’s fault.
Just like Brands should have bought up another CB but he didn’t.

You really can’t compare Iwobi to Utd latest wonder kid who they tried to keep under wraps and have been comparing him to Rooney for a few years.
Guessing they where hoping Gbamin would be Gana replacement but they poor lads had zero luck since he joined us.

Not dreadful, not fantastic. Mixed bag which accurately reflects the club in general, we aren't the top dogs.

In general more successes than failures so happy to give him a while longer and see what comes of it under Ancelotti

But we have improved mate.

But so have 5 or 6 other clubs in the league.

Nobody stands still in this league.

I would say he's improved the squad from Walsh - but the improvement itself hasnt been enough to keep up with sides around us (Leicester, Wolves) never mind above and for the money spent thats the issue for me.

Im currently 60/40 against him - I was 50/50 on the fence at the start of the season as he had a solid first summer but really let us down the one just gone (Kean, Iwobi, Delph) not replacing Gana, not bringing in another CB baring in mind at the time Holgate was just coming back off loan from WBA and wasnt due to feature which left us with just Keane & Mina who has had his niggles the previous year.

But the January window gone when we were crying out for a CM - even someone on loan not getting games at one of the top sides in Europe would have been something but he didnt want to know. Look at Moyes when he signed Jelavic for a few quid the impact he had that 2nd half of the season.

I still maintain im happy to give him this summer window but I think its make or break for him - the fans aint turning on Carlo anytime soon so he hasn't got a deflection like he had with Silva who was a crap manager and could take all the blame.

I would say he's improved the squad from Walsh - but the improvement itself hasnt been enough to keep up with sides around us (Leicester, Wolves) never mind above and for the money spent thats the issue for me.

Im currently 60/40 against him - I was 50/50 on the fence at the start of the season as he had a solid first summer but really let us down the one just gone (Kean, Iwobi, Delph) not replacing Gana, not bringing in another CB baring in mind at the time Holgate was just coming back off loan from WBA and wasnt due to feature which left us with just Keane & Mina who has had his niggles the previous year.

But the January window gone when we were crying out for a CM - even someone on loan not getting games at one of the top sides in Europe would have been something but he didnt want to know. Look at Moyes when he signed Jelavic for a few quid the impact he had that 2nd half of the season.

I still maintain im happy to give him this summer window but I think its make or break for him - the fans aint turning on Carlo anytime soon so he hasn't got a deflection like he had with Silva who was a crap manager and could take all the blame.

I think the speed the fans will turn on Carlo will surprise even you.

Maybe not soon, but they will.

As for Brands most have made their mind up 1 way or the other and nothing will change that view.

We all have entrenched agendas and we rarely bend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.