Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we can punt Iceland and Delph I've no issue with buying 2 CMs, I just think its very unrealistic to assume we will and personally I'm not willing to give up on Gomes and Gmbamin just yet.

We need two because Gbamin won't be fit till December at the earliest. Also we have zero depth. Delph is never fit and not good enough, Davies is way too inconsistent and a squad player at best right now. Sig can do it in lockdown but not convinced he is the answer, we need more physicality in there. One starter, one rotation midfielder needed.

We need two because Gbamin won't be fit till December at the earliest. Also we have zero depth. Delph is never fit and not good enough, Davies is way too inconsistent and a squad player at best right now. Sig can do it in lockdown but not convinced he is the answer, we need more physicality in there. One starter, one rotation midfielder needed.

We have Gomes, Iceland, Delph, Gmblammo, Davies, then we have Beni and Besic, as you say most of them are injured or simply not good enough, but the way I look at is this. Would you rather have Gomes in midfield next to Zidane or Walcott RW and Coleman RB. Im not using this to slate Walcott or Coleman, I consider both decent options, but I really want better.

I know Gomes hasn't looked up to scratch, but with the numbers we have and like or not the limited kitty, I would rather focus or money elsewhere than 2 CMs, now of course we don't have to buy 2, we could loan them, but still I feel as tho we have bloat in the middle and would rather see some of it go before we added more.

We have Gomes, Iceland, Delph, Gmblammo, Davies, then we have Beni and Besic, as you say most of them are injured or simply not good enough, but the way I look at is this. Would you rather have Gomes in midfield next to Zidane or Walcott RW and Coleman RB. Im not using this to slate Walcott or Coleman, I consider both decent options, but I really want better.

I know Gomes hasn't looked up to scratch, but with the numbers we have and like or not the limited kitty, I would rather focus or money elsewhere than 2 CMs, now of course we don't have to buy 2, we could loan them, but still I feel as tho we have bloat in the middle and would rather see some of it go before we added more.
Gbamin being injured and not even giving us a glimpse of what he can or can't do is such a tough one. Ideally we'd be trying to find someone to partner him with Gomes as the bench option. But factoring in Sigurdsson, Beni, Davies and Besic in isn't worthwhile. All could be gone the minute an offer comes and some will go when the contract ends.

A winger and a right back are band aids on a leaky dam if the midfield isn't fixed.

First teamer should be getting rid of.

Delph, Sandro, Walcott, Tosun, Besic, Dowell, Bolasie, Connolly, Pennington.

Technically Tarashaj is gone.

Hopefully the board has already ceased to hand out extensions to youngsters who ain‘t good enough and stop being Mr Nice guy.

People always want us to go for these types. Throwing Juve and Leipzig in there makes it look a more exciting prospect.

Have zero idea that he is like.

....if the club want him, I’d be very disappointed if the club don’t know what he’s like. Even under previous DoF, the strategy of buying young unknown talent has proven low risk and very shrewd.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.