Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sporting director of Juventus has played down talk of a move to the Premier League for Adrien Rabiot.

It has been a mixed first season in Italy for Rabiot, who joined them after his PSG contract expired in 2019. The midfielder has already been linked with a departure.

Before he joined Juventus, Rabiot was attracting interest from the Premier League. And speculation about a move to England has reignited in recent weeks.

Reports claim that Carlo Ancelotti is interested in taking Rabiot to Everton. However, it was then suggested that Juventus would only allow him to leave if they got a star defender in return.

Manchester United are also said to have made contact with his representatives. Once again, though, the financial aspects of the deal may scupper it.

And any remaining chances of Rabiot moving to the Premier League appear to have been ruled out by Fabio Paratici. The Juventus sporting director insists that the midfielder’s slow start to life in Turin does not mean he will be moved on.

“Let’s not forget that Rabiot is in his first year in Italy, and the first year is always special,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“At the start of the season, we could see the same doubts over Matthijs de Ligt, who happened to be the best defender in the Champions League [with Ajax last season] at the age of 19. Now I see there is a different opinion of him.

“Rabiot also arrived from PSG after six months of inactivity. He had to catch up with his physical condition.

“That said, he is a great player, someone who is very important for Juventus today and will be for the future.”
Why this to me? Lol I wanted a link where sky said Gabriel makes his choice of club next week

It’s very telling that during the break of no footy we were linked with all kinds of players, now footys back and the media don’t need clicks. It’s all gone quiet.

I did wonder how during lockdown when people couldn’t even see families and leave the house, we were somehow speaking to all kinds of agents about players.

I had to take a sabbatical from football sites - I could see what was going on. The papers had nothing to fill their sports pages with, so reporters had to concoct stories. Clubs didn't bother denying them, there were no press conferences taking place, so whole castles were built up out of sand.

The transfer window doesn't open until the end of the season, so there's no reason why things shouldn't be quiet now in terms of incoming transfer activity.

I had to take a sabbatical from football sites - I could see what was going on. The papers had nothing to fill their sports pages with, so reporters had to concoct stories. Clubs didn't bother denying them, there were no press conferences taking place, so whole castles were built up out of sand.

The transfer window doesn't open until the end of the season, so there's no reason why things shouldn't be quiet now in terms of incoming transfer activity.

I mean the transfer window doesn't close mate.

Already PSG have sold Icardi, just today Arthur and Pjanic have moved for a combined 140m.

Clubs are talking every day, deals are happening.

But 99.9% of what we read is made up rubbish anyway.

"It's 50/50"

Don't cover all bases or anything.

Listen you dont have to believe me I aint arsed tbh - I aint getting royalties for posting on here neither a cushy podcast/Echo gig like Esk so there is nothing to gain from my perspective only the usual suspects desperate to have a pop at fellow fans.

I've told you what I've heard - us and another side have bid for him so its his choice - SSN said its next week so hopefully we find out then.

Listen you dont have to believe me I aint arsed tbh - I aint getting royalties for posting on here neither a cushy podcast/Echo gig like Esk so there is nothing to gain from my perspective only the usual suspects desperate to have a pop at fellow fans.

I've told you what I've heard - us and another side have bid for him so its his choice - SSN said its next week so hopefully we find out then.

Which other side mate?

You said its 50/50, so surely you can tell us the other club?

Nobody complains when Uncle Uzzy lashes 30m at us for naming rights or pays us millions to have USM plastered everywhere.

Im just saying, glass houses and stones.

Decent write up that explains how the Arthur/Pjanic deal is legalised money laundering.

What is the point of them then? It just forces situations like this and ours as ypu have mentioned.

Need to just do away with them.

What is the point of them then? It just forces situations like this and ours as ypu have mentioned.

Need to just do away with them.

They want people to jump through hoops if they want to bend the rules.

I mean City have been taking the pee for years, they have had transfer bans, fines the lot, but I don't even want to think what a world without FFP would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.