Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard ex professionals talk about this and it actually does make all the difference. Players in successful teams have all spoken about how they knew they had to perform, because if they didn't there was someone else waiting to take their place. But also players learn from each other in training, having better goalkeeping options, surely can't be a bad thing?
The learning in training is a fair shout, but Im still not having it. maybe it’s because I don’t rate him and he’s been awful this season.

I wouldn’t be sorry to see him go.
For the record look at dross that was back up to Southall

Easy to forget that hes still young for a keeper at 26 and has been playing in some shocking defensive displays...

Still could improve...and behind this deep defence looks decent.

Id agree with @ForeverBlue92 for me the fact Donnarumma only has a season left on his contract and we have ancelotti here...

...hard not to want him

You think tehre's a lot of good goalkeepers in Italy too, even if we couldn't prize him away.

We’re not selling Pickford at all in this window. We’re not even considering selling Pickford in this window. The goalkeeper isn’t even close to the top of our “problems” list. That’s not me saying he’s good before I get slated it’s me just being realistic.

He has been a lot better since carlo came in with a structure tbf, and i think our clean sheet record has gone up a bit as a result. He hasn't lived up to his potential yet and I'd rather we concentrate on other areas this summer/autumn

Pickford is at best mid table level but honestly I'd describe his season this year as bottom quarter of the league at best.

Think that's vastly underrating him sorry. There's a reason he's England #1.

He's had a prolonged bad patch. It happens. 26, nowhere near his peak as a goalkeeper.

What it is is that people can't forgive him for the Origi goal and so he has to be comparable to Buffon to even have a chance of redemption.

For me it's the form is temporary class is permanent argument. I've seen enough to be fairly confident that he's potentially an excellent goalkeeper, but mentally he needs to mature.

We're not Barcelona; we aren't going to be bringing in the finished article in every position. The next best thing is investing time in players who could come very good in years to come.

For me, replacing Pickford with a no mark keeper does nothing.

Easy to forget that hes still young for a keeper at 26 and has been playing in some shocking defensive displays...

Still could improve...and behind this deep defence looks decent.

Id agree with @ForeverBlue92 for me the fact Donnarumma only has a season left on his contract and we have ancelotti here...

...hard not to want him
To be fair we had a decent defensive record under silva. In terms of allowing the opposition chances. I’m sure I read we were 5th for shots on our goal at one point. Pickford has been one of the worst in the league for save to shot ratio.

I also think if we sold Pickford and immediately replaced with Donnarumma then the whole of Europe would see our ambition.

The squad would think WOW were really adding top quality and world class potential here, a household name to these players.

Massive statement signing and one for the future. I imagine Kean would be made up as well.

Donnarumma is a clown. Whilst selling Pickford wouldn't be the worst thing in the world replacing him with another hothead who's prone to costly mistakes is not the answer.

He's had a prolonged bad patch. It happens. 26, nowhere near his peak as a goalkeeper.

What it is is that people can't forgive him for the Origi goal and so he has to be comparable to Buffon to even have a chance of redemption.

For me it's the form is temporary class is permanent argument. I've seen enough to be fairly confident that he's potentially an excellent goalkeeper, but mentally he needs to mature.

We're not Barcelona; we aren't going to be bringing in the finished article in every position. The next best thing is investing time in players who could come very good in years to come.

If chelsea offered the big money we could easily get someone in from europe for half the price. For me hes too small makes too many mistakes. Looked better in the last 2 games but hasnt had much to do. Still punched a couple of times when he could have caught. If he stays fine hopefully he will get better but if a big offer came in get rid

He's worse than the goalkeeper at Palace, Newcastle, Sheffield United, West Ham, Wolves and Burnley. It isn't wanting to be Barcelona it is wanting to be competent.

We also paid 45 mil for siggyfraud doesn’t mean they’re worth it, not everyone is as foolish with a cheque book as Walsh was
Pickford is first choice goalkeeper for the international team. He is a good age and can improve further.
As soon as our defence starts to look more solid, so too will our goalkeeper.
You can take any goalkeeper in the world , put him behind the defence we have had over the last couple of seasons and he will look bad.

We paid 25m for Michael Keane and at times over the last couple of seasons he looked as if he wasn't worth 5m.
At the moment with a manager who knows how to organise a team he looks full value for money.

Sigurdsson, I don't think anybody ever will understand that transfer, I would guess that Swansea were as surprised to get the money as we were to pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.