Old Everton Pictures

Don Mackey.........dirty ##@@##@. Hope Husband connected with him. Because Mackey sure as hell connected with Husband once upon a time.

Dave...

I do like this one of him though. That little snide Bremner getting his come-uppance! lol
C2EZkv2.jpg

Yep.....that's a great photo. Well circulated. Bremner pleading innocent....
Two nice characters together.
I was at the league cup game when Dave McKay cut him in half at waist high to stop a certain goal - Jimmy was clean through in a 0-0 draw we got beat in the replay - he never even got booked it was a straight red - DM stayed on - Jimmy was never the same after that tackle imo carried off, out for weeks

I was at the league cup game when Dave McKay cut him in half at waist high to stop a certain goal - Jimmy was clean through in a 0-0 draw we got beat in the replay - he never even got booked it was a straight red - DM stayed on - Jimmy was never the same after that tackle imo carried off, out for weeks
My grandad was at that match... He hated Mackay from that day on.

What happened with him? Was it over money? Everton too tight again? Or did he really fall out with the cat?
I was just a youngster at the time. So I didn't really understand the selling of Alan Ball.
But in recent years I have read that there was no real fall out. Catterick just thought it was good business to sell and double Evertons money.
I believe that Catterick thought that Ball was past his peak.
Alan Ball was only 26. Far from finished.
And Catterick was never the same level of manager again.

I'm 61 now . And come to think of it. I still don't understand what Catterick was trying to do. I don't think anyone really knows.
And the fee for Alan Ball was then wasted on a few rubbish player's. So Catterick saved Everton nothing.
That's what I believe anyhow.........but......I could be wrong.

my dad bernie the bolt was a young man when he came here , he would get back from training and be on his own completly bored , in the end he just went out every night and got smashed and had loads of fights what else could he do , any way the fans have had years of fun with the stories and the rumours of goings on etc , you could say that was worth 50 k lol.

Attachments

• b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 47