New Everton Stadium Discussion

I said this about a year ago on here and got slated.

All stuff like the Everton tattoo and his apparent new found "love" for the club was pure pantomime.

At the end of the day he's still crediting himself with two stadiums that haven't been built.

He didn't get an Everton tattoo, he got a year which also happens to be the founding year (very loose year seeing we changed our name after a year or so but the manc's didn't for 24 years) of the football team he has mentioned that he would most like to be involved with, likely meaning he is fan of that team.

Serves two purposes doesn't it?

He said he was clearing out his sketch pad a week or so beforehand, it might just be that he had finished with the project. Like were Roma fans suspicious that he changed his picture from them to us? He was always going to move on to another job when his work with us had finished.

The same Roma fans who are still waiting for the stadium?

For an understanding of the process that has been happening at Everton, and some insight as to what Meis 'may' have been referring to, if it was even Everton related at all, then this document should help with some insight, or at least some direction for the supposition.

My thoughts.
We are moving into the build stage. During this stage the Main Contractor effectively becomes the client and with that, the focus changes. During stages 0-3, the lead designer (Meis) is end client (Everton) appointed and they will sit over the design team that will consist of, in our case, Sheppard Robson as local Architects, and Buro Happold as MEP and Structural & Civil consultants (there are more, but these are the key team). Meis will consult very closely with Everton to ensure that the design decisions suit the need and the brief is completed, a monstrous amount of work on a project of this scale.

Once this passes Planning permission it moves into the new stage. Laings have been appointed by the club to realise their vision, and through doing that they give them full autonomy and the ability to create their own team. they have the opportunity to Novate (transfer) the client team or to create their own. Now we know that Laings have employed Pattern Architects as the Technical Architect, and I suspect that Buro Happold have been novated. The end Client cant be unprotected though, so will have a team working on their side to ensure that they aren't screwed over and that any changes are reasonable and within brief. If the original team aren't novated by the Main Contractor, then often they will stay on, but not always, and maybe this could be where any friction lies.

Two things to finish on though. There is no evidence available whatsoever that Meis was referring to anything Everton, but IF he was and he is off the project, so what. The only thing it affects is the continued inflation of his company coffers.
Great post, and bang on the money.

Anyone know where this post is regarding the Wolves fan?

Here mate. Was a few months ago now but at the time I had a look through his other posts and he’d reiterated the same point on a few occasions - that we’ll be miles ahead of Wolves in a few years basically.

“I know about Everton’s funding for the new stadium. Complex and impressive, but not going to elaborate on here, because I’m (in a small way) involved in it. Might take a few years, but they’re going to be a massive club competing with the best. Wolves need to keep up with the likes of Everton to be successful over the coming years- having Nuno at the moment and success on the field is great, but when he goes- the real test will start.”

That design was probably close enough to the original - which already had planning permission from 2003 - not to require a whole new application. I thought you were talking about the idea of a more major redesign. e.g. the H&G futuristic design needed a new PA even though it was on the same site as the original Stanley Park design. And our new stadium needed a whole new PA when it redesigned from its 2009 design.

EDIT: yes, the clue is in the headline...
The first accepted PA was on the designs put forward by Atherden Fuller Leng - capacity 60,000; the later "returned to" design was taken forward by HKS - capacity 60,000 to be expanded to 73,000. The interior design of the latter was to be substantially different. The suspicion has to be LFC would have used the old design initially to avoid a fresh PA and then made design tweaks from there.

For an understanding of the process that has been happening at Everton, and some insight as to what Meis 'may' have been referring to, if it was even Everton related at all, then this document should help with some insight, or at least some direction for the supposition.

My thoughts.
We are moving into the build stage. During this stage the Main Contractor effectively becomes the client and with that, the focus changes. During stages 0-3, the lead designer (Meis) is end client (Everton) appointed and they will sit over the design team that will consist of, in our case, Sheppard Robson as local Architects, and Buro Happold as MEP and Structural & Civil consultants (there are more, but these are the key team). Meis will consult very closely with Everton to ensure that the design decisions suit the need and the brief is completed, a monstrous amount of work on a project of this scale.

Once this passes Planning permission it moves into the new stage. Laings have been appointed by the club to realise their vision, and through doing that they give them full autonomy and the ability to create their own team. they have the opportunity to Novate (transfer) the client team or to create their own. Now we know that Laings have employed Pattern Architects as the Technical Architect, and I suspect that Buro Happold have been novated. The end Client cant be unprotected though, so will have a team working on their side to ensure that they aren't screwed over and that any changes are reasonable and within brief. If the original team aren't novated by the Main Contractor, then often they will stay on, but not always, and maybe this could be where any friction lies.

Two things to finish on though. There is no evidence available whatsoever that Meis was referring to anything Everton, but IF he was and he is off the project, so what. The only thing it affects is the continued inflation of his company coffers.
I love Jacko's posts, always talks a lot of sense with knowledge.

This was recently posted on the Everton forum.

I’ve got a redshite who inboxes me on Twitter after we used to wind each other up, he works in construction and send me this the other day -

Svitzer Marine current Bramley Moore residents leaving July. Repair and overhaul of a swing bridge to be undertaken . Required Archaeological digs currently being done.

It's on!

Our new CEO, Neville Chamberpot brandishes the long awaited planning permission.

Chamberlain-Piece-of-Paper-e1493837426825.jpg