Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

todibo linked again

...if it’s true, I hope he’s significantly better than his recent performances suggest.

Ancelotti has worked with some of the best players in the world mate.

He also named the players he rates in a recent article - Mina, Keane, Holgate, DCL, Richarlison & Gomes (maybe Pickford cant remember).

I know who he’s worked with mate

What I’m saying is, while you and I might note rate them, the guy working with them daily might do even if he didn’t mention them in a select interview

We could do the following imo:

Kenny - £7-8 million
Davies: £5-8 million
Hornby: £1.8 million
Dowell: £2 million?
Keane: £15 million

Thats FFP profit on 5 players that wouldnt even effect the first team.

There is money to be made especially selling home grown talent but this club has a weird obsession with stockpiling young players for nothing - look how long Pennington/Dowell have been around for.

You telling me we couldnt have sold either for what we would get for Hornby who isnt as established as them?

Juve and Dortmund literally sign players on free transfers to sell for FFP profit - we could do that with Bernard and fetch £12-15 million but we wouldn't have the acumen to do it.

Don't disagree with you there just we have to balance the books hence we won't be buying more than two or three starters maybe a few loans/frees on top.

...if it’s true, I hope he’s significantly better than his recent performances suggest.

Maybe he is seen as a player who can cover DM and CB?

Don't disagree with you there just we have to balance the books hence we won't be buying more than two or three starters maybe a few loans/frees on top.

Maybe he is seen as a player who can cover DM and CB?

If we signed 3 players and got 1-2 on loan I would be happy like but 2-3 in total would be basically happy for another midtable finish next season as the squad is full of players either going through the motions or average/injury prone.

If we signed 3 players and got 1-2 on loan I would be happy like but 2-3 in total would be basically happy for another midtable finish next season as the squad is full of players either going through the motions or average/injury prone.
Tbf Brands said two or three positions not players we shall see may depend who we can shift.

Tbf Brands said two or three positions not players we shall see may depend who we can shift.
The fact he said two or three positions suggests to me that we might be keeping Sidibe which is just a no-no for me, and we keep coming back to the Todibo thing who i'm not overly keen on either. I do think a lot will depend on who leaves as we have a squad of 38 at the moment and it's just too big.

The fact he said two or three positions suggests to me that we might be keeping Sidibe which is just a no-no for me, and we keep coming back to the Todibo thing who i'm not overly keen on either. I do think a lot will depend on who leaves as we have a squad of 38 at the moment and it's just too big.
Could be. Or just keep Kenny. Also could sell Kenny and loan someone else in there. I tend to agree Sidibie isn't good enough should be a squad player at best. Yeah it's too big alot will be released/sold/loaned. Garbutt and Pennington still being on the list is an inditement of our youth system.

...possibly. i know he’s only 20 but he’s played surprisingly few games in his career. Barcelona clearly took a punt on his potential. A loan would be preferable, although he does look rapid.
Not seen enough of him tbh, I would prefer Gabriel but I am wondering with his height and culture on the ball, if they might see him as someone who could develop and might be useful as an option at DM as well as CB given our issues in midfield we need a few options.

Its a minimum of 4 positions we need to address for me (RW, CM, RB, CB)

If our DOF can not see that then I despair as he mustn't watch us play much.

Not seen enough of him tbh, I would prefer Gabriel but I am wondering with his height and culture on the ball, if they might see him as someone who could develop and might be useful as an option at DM as well as CB given our issues in midfield we need a few options.

....it looks like he’s only played 20 first team games in his career, so he must have some reputation. His YouTube clips are very impressive, much better than the recent performances I’ve seen.

Sidibe
Not covered himself in glory sometimes but other times looked very good.
So wouldnt write him off just yet as we can see with Fabinho ( from the same club )it can take a season to settle into the Prem.
They both looked class at Monaco.
Another loan would be fine as there are other positions that need more urgent attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.