Old Everton Pictures

Bally -
1592673161910.png

Goodison Park, 1966 - My older brother went to a few games - to see Pele in action as in this photo -
View attachment 91397

Saw all the games at Goodison. Pele smashed out of the game by Portugal, specifically Coluna. Hungary were brilliant and perhaps the best team at the event. Eusebio became a legend with his skill against N Korea in one of Goodisons greatest games.

And England changing the rules to get themselves to Wembley for the semi instead of Goodison. At least I got to tell my mates at school I saw the best goalie who ever played the game Lev Yashin. Still couldn't stop the Germans though in a poor game.

Some great names on this match sheet. Labby, Ramon, Tony and Jimmy Armfield I saw many times and all the others I saw over the years bar two names that don't ring familiar. Holliday of Boro and Allen of Stoke. When was this game?
I
Some great names on this match sheet. Labby, Ramon, Tony and Jimmy Armfield I saw many times and all the others I saw over the years bar two names that don't ring familiar. Holliday of Boro and Allen of Stoke. When was this game?
I remember Tony Allen a full back at Stoke through the 60s. No recollection of Holliday, what division were Boro in at that time?

Negotiate sponsorship over his white boots that was it also wrote in the Snoot magazine slim pickings......
That's what I meant......the white boots.....And all the photos taken for all football magazines and comics and cards. And write ups about him. Everything.
Should have said that before.

Tony Hibbert(who I actually liked) probably made more out of the game than Ball did. But that was how it was. Haven't times changed? Money wise.....