Old Everton Pictures

1592414493177.jpeg

This photo is on e bay with the caption "Press Photo 73/4 Everton SHEFFIELD UNITED CONNOLLYS SHOT BEATS UTD KEEPER 12x10". Whilst the Blues scored from a penalty at Sheffield that season
Press-Photo-73-4-Everton-SHEFFIELD-UNITED-CONNOLLYS-SHOT (1).jpg
it was Mick Bernard who scored it. The shirts are also wrong for that season. I think this is Alan Ball scoring his pen at Sheffield when we lost 1-2 in the 69-70 season.......any thoughts

This photo is on e bay with the caption "Press Photo 73/4 Everton SHEFFIELD UNITED CONNOLLYS SHOT BEATS UTD KEEPER 12x10". Whilst the Blues scored from a penalty at Sheffield that season View attachment 91099it was Mick Bernard who scored it. The shirts are also wrong for that season. I think this is Alan Ball scoring his pen at Sheffield when we lost 1-2 in the 69-70 season.......any thoughts
I agree with you

...almost impossible, I presume @alan ball has the caption. It does look like Dunlop [USER=54735]@The Trinity. but I think he’d have white shorts for a game at Goodison, so it might be a visiting keeper.
It’s a tricky one. Dunlop left after we won the league in 63.
Our keepers wore black shorts til about 67 but we wore white socks with a blue top up to 63
In 63 we had round neck shirts but in the background there’s a player in a v-neck like we wore in 62,
So something doesn’t quite seem right, I’m off now before my head explodes

It’s a tricky one. Dunlop left after we won the league in 63.
Our keepers wore black shorts til about 67 but we wore white socks with a blue top up to 63
In 63 we had round neck shirts but in the background there’s a player in a v-neck like we wore in 62,
So something doesn’t quite seem right, I’m off now before my head explodes
Another name you could throw in the frame is Alan Hodgekinson from the other side of Sheffield