Would bringing back Gana be good buisiness?

Would you buy Gana again?

• yes

Votes: 111 59.0%
  • no

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is nearly 31 now and depends largely on fitness and athleticism.
A player I liked but not what we need at Everton given his age, transfer fee and wages.

We will not have an unlimited transfer budget so money will have to be spent carefully.

Gareth Barry was still quality when he was 35 so 31 is fine!!

Yes please and a no-brainer IMO. He's excellent at what he does, we have suffered badly for not having players that do it well, and he's a veteran presence and a class act - compare Delph who was supposedly brought in with these qualities but has turned out to be a knob.

I would anticipate him not being in the XI for much longer and I'm not sure if he'd be OK with that. If so then hell yes let's get him.

FWIW I think it's exactly because we want to play exciting free flowing attacking football that we need a guy like him. Can't do it if you're consistently losing the possession battle in the middle of the park.

I'm unsure whether we should get a player that is ridiculously good at tackles and interceptions but limited going forward to replace Schneiderlin and Delph who are both limited going forward and poor at protecting the defense.
If he's cheap or on loan then you'd be a fool to argue against it
Did the work of two players though.

Newcastle, pending takeover, one of the 2 teams on for him ;

if he does come back, I want the Gana playing for the move (yet again, leaving Everton, grass isnt always greener) he was our star man, I dont want the wishy washy Gana back who could either disapeer during a game or just not turn up at all

if he does come back, I want the Gana playing for the move (yet again, leaving Everton, grass isnt always greener) he was our star man, I dont want the wishy washy Gana back who could either disapeer during a game or just not turn up at all

Love how Newcastle are buying the world (in pending)

Gareth Barry was still quality when he was 35 so 31 is fine!!
Barry was a different player though, who mainly sat infront of the back and played from deep. And was a much better passer.

Gana can’t play that role, as he doesn’t have the technical qualities of Barry. And gives the ball away cheaply. His game is all about getting about the pitch, pressing and tackling the opposition and winning the ball. You would probably see a big drop off from him, by losing 15% of performance. Which is definitely possible over the next 2yrs.

Yeah im sure he would come back fully motivated to get his dream move after he had already made his dream move 12months prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.