Old Everton Pictures

54 years ago right now
View attachment 86681
@Eggs
I remember reading an interview years ago, Temple was asked to 'talk us through the goal', he said, after seeing Springett 'pull Young down'...his words, he decide early on to go nowhere near him and shoot as soon as he could and not try to take it round him.
See, even he knew it was deffo a pen.

Went to every game round by round, both replays against City,
Colin Harvey scoring a goal... wow ...at Burnden Park against Man ,Utd. in the Semi.
Had Programme Vouchers and queued up for hours to get my Wembley Ticket.
Absolutely gobsmacked and crying at 2-0 down against Wednesday,
But what a comeback from Everton...as we all know ..won 3-2
Spent sometime in Trafalgar Square Fountains dyeing the water Blue and showing our banner
Everton The Gear....
Happy Days and Happy Memories
Still can,t remember what time we got back home.... ;)
I got my 66 ticket of the program vouchers too

For the 68 semi there were more ST holders than tickets, so in the Echo it said only Even numbers would be eligible.
I pulled my little book out my number ended in an odd number.
I was initially disappointed, then I thought well I'll get a final ticket - which I did.
( I later got a semi ticket from somewhere else I forget where.)

We got to the final and sure enough in the echo it said Odd numbers.
Then as the final got nearer, before the KO for a league game they made an announcement - There was a change to the cup final ST allocation.

As the even numbers had got semi tickets, then the odd numbers would get final tickets - so far so good.

EXCEPT FOR TICKETS END IN 1
Somebody had forgotten about tickets ending in Zero.

I remember some guy close to where I was standing going off his crust...must've had the unlucky number.

Less said about the actual Final the better

UCD away
1589523929351.jpeg

Went to every game round by round, both replays against City,
Colin Harvey scoring a goal... wow ...at Burnden Park against Man ,Utd. in the Semi.
Had Programme Vouchers and queued up for hours to get my Wembley Ticket.
Absolutely gobsmacked and crying at 2-0 down against Wednesday,
But what a comeback from Everton...as we all know ..won 3-2
Spent sometime in Trafalgar Square Fountains dyeing the water Blue and showing our banner
Everton The Gear....
Happy Days and Happy Memories
Still can,t remember what time we got back home.... ;)

So that famous banner was yours mate?

Fantastic!

Blue Streak. Did anyone ever travel on it. I used the special early 70s and normal trains after that to get to matches.
Was blue Streak a special train or did Everton just take over a few carriages on a normal train. Did you get a meal. And what were the girls doing (clean answers only). Don't think it lasted long so must have been expensive

Attachments

• blue-streak.jpg
    blue-streak.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 44