Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Businesses far bigger than any football club are going bust left right and centre. Thats how.

Imagine any football club having zero income, (other than some shirts and some key rings) until 2022, but having salary contracts in the £100's of million a year to pay.

Reckon thats pretty dodgy ground.

I think in fairness to Zat, he meant more we have an owner who has always been happy to make money available to help us out of financial difficulty, so in that sense, relatively solid.

But yes, every club is in danger including the very wealthiest. I don't know if you saw the article from Maddock (very well connected) in the Mirror, and essentially said Liverpoool could lose upwards of £3m per game behind closed doors. No massive pre-season tours tom fall back upon either. The idea football just rides this out is fanciful.

I think in fairness to Zat, he meant more we have an owner who has always been happy to make money available to help us out of financial difficulty, so in that sense, relatively solid.

But yes, every club is in danger including the very wealthiest. I don't know if you saw the article from Maddock (very well connected) in the Mirror, and essentially said Liverpoool could lose upwards of £3m per game behind closed doors. No massive pre-season tours tom fall back upon either. The idea football just rides this out is fanciful.

Remember Moshiri's money comes from his own business too which will be hit by this.

Club lost 120m+ last accounts, but Zat is here suggesting we are looking solid.

I can remember people harping on about Chelsea’s 700 million pound loss within a few years of Abramovich arriving. I think their overall loss has since doubled to more than a billion pound.

Chelsea remain in a strong position because of Abramovich’s billions. Usmanov is wealthier than Abramovich!

Our recent accounting loss hasn’t placed Everton in dire straits. We don’t need to sell 120 million pound of assets just to keep going. There is in fact scope for the loss to increase further.

Remember Moshiri's money comes from his own business too which will be hit by this.
If the club is really in trouble, I guess they'd have to consider making players redundant.

My heart bleeds for Martina, Niasse, Bolasie, etc...

If the club is really in trouble, I guess they'd have to consider making players redundant.

My heart bleeds for Martina, Niasse, Bolasie, etc...

Its Ok at the moment. And Moshiri has eyes on the bigger picture.

But if this impacts on next season, well, lets see.

Anyrate, I will leave you lot to talk about footballers.

If the TV money is cut off for a considerable amount of time, then yes, every club will be in trouble and players will literally end up being furloughed.

This hasn’t happened yet though, players are still being paid their full salary, and that’s because English football clubs are not expecting their revenues to reduce to zero.

People are not expecting the TV money to be cut for a significant amount of time, not yet anyway.

The business has no money, the rubbish players we want to sell are no longer worth any money and a wage bill we cant pay, FFP is the very least of our issues currently.

Our cash reserves are very alarming. However if you take the view an owner will keep bailing us out, it's a little bit redundant.

If the TV money is cut off for a considerable amount of time, then yes, every club will be in trouble and players will literally end up being furloughed.

This hasn’t happened yet though, players are still being paid their full salary, and that’s because English football clubs are not expecting their revenues to reduce to zero.

People are not expecting the TV money to be cut for a significant amount of time, not yet anyway.

This issue will be sponsors and gate receipt money I think. We will get most money back from TV, but not otehrs. Those who have high gate receipt revenue and high sponsorships are exposed.

Businesses far bigger than any football club are going bust left right and centre. Thats how.

Imagine any football club having zero income, (other than some shirts and some key rings) until 2022, but having salary contracts in the £100's of million a year to pay.

Reckon thats pretty dodgy ground.

The business has no money, the rubbish players we want to sell are no longer worth any money and a wage bill we cant pay, FFP is the very least of our issues currently.
Thats true. But USM's investment are up about 7bn in this crisis, and Moshiri's wealth up too. I suspect they do well out of the crisis.

USM focuses on Metals + Mining + telecoms + internet + tech investments.

Funnily enough all those that will be making an absolute packet at the moment.

Theyre probably eyeing shares to pick up in other markets when the next drop occurs.

Not sure how the club being down £120mil or £500mil means anything at this point...

They just want to get the side up to the top of the league.

Our cash reserves are very alarming. However if you take the view an owner will keep bailing us out, it's a little bit redundant.

If you take the view that he has a LOT of bailing to do plus a new stadium on the horizon.

Im defo not saying we wont spend, nor that The Mosh hasnt dug deep or wont again, but im not expecting miracles personally.

Its a very unpredictable time.

USM focuses on Metals + Mining + telecoms + internet + tech investments.

Funnily enough all those that will be making an absolute packet at the moment.

Theyre probably eyeing shares to pick up in other markets when the next drop occurs.

Not sure how the club being down £120mil or £500mil means anything at this point...

They just want to get the side up to the top of the league.

It's hard for me to go into too much detail, as frankly there are legal issues. However lots of wealthy people will look to use vehicles to essentially launder money through. It doesn't matter if they are profitable or not, as it's not the function. They serve other functions. I have no idea if this is whats happening with Everton, but it does happen, and a football club would be objectively a useful vehicle for this in many ways.

If you take the view that he has a LOT of bailing to do plus a new stadium on the horizon.

Im defo not saying we wont spend, nor that The Mosh hasnt dug deep or wont again, but im not expecting miracles personally.

Its a very unpredictable time.

Usmanov literally bought the original olympic manifesto for $8mil + and donated it.

Hes done £30mil on and option for naming rights on the stadium.

Call it £37mil on nothing...

£120mil for him is interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.