Old Everton Pictures

26th August 1975 Everton v Sheffield Utd-David Smallman and Bob Latchford. -

...like ’where were you when Kennedy died’, I’ll never forget it coming on the radio when I was on the M62 going down the hill near the Brighouse junction on my way to a meeting in Leeds.
What a character tho mate, I went to GP one day to pick up some cup tie tickets and parked on Goodison road,just got back to the car with a mate, and Bally came past and said " what you doing here lads? got talking and it started to rain,and Bally juked in the back and we talked about all thing Everton for ages, If there was ever a player that loved to being at Everton it was that man, still miss him.

1990's squad -
I was being ironic Joey.
Well call that shower of fans clever was that ironic - me personally did not mind being with them at a Derby, never had a problem one saved my life , but other than that I was brought up to hate them, and that club .......rightly or wrongly that belief from my late father has never left me......

Last edited:
Theyre mostly the same after we win or play well... the begrudged managerial compliments - insult in intent... the cheap mealy mouthed "whens the dvd coming out" karked up bile...the ones who say nowt vintage RS denial - it didnt really happen. Whereas we mostly cant be arsed even debating with them. Hard faced eejits.
Poor winners and even poorer losers...they see us winning - anything as a 'loss'

Thirteen years today Alan Ball passed away, RIP Alan, still sorely missed.
Many younger fans perhaps find our reverence for the man baffling. It's quite straightforward.

He hated losing as much as we did; worked his proverbials off to ensure it happened rarely; demanded nothing less than total effort, most of all from himself; and had the skill to match the work-rate.

I loved him for that then, and nothing in the intervening years has diminished that affection one jot.