Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to some professor from Denmark the German stats are bull. They will get caught out.
Apparently they are only recording deaths where they had CV when they died. Not any of the ones who died of pneumonia brought on by CV or any other illness caused by it if CV was no longer present. He said he can't believe how they are getting away with it.
When you think about it if you are in ICU for 1/2 weeks the chances are you won't have it any more whether you survive or not.

Sounds a bit like here that.

comparing Germany to the UK is like comparing a BMW to a push bike
Angela Merkel has extended the ban on large gatherings (I think more than 10 people?) until the end of August. The German league might start again before then, but it would need to be behind closed doors and in a "biosecure" environment with a heavy police presence to prevent crowds gathering outside the stadium. The odds are against any football as we know it starting before the end of August.

Sounds a bit like here that.
Think are figures are all over the show. BBC and sky were reporting at first that people had died of covid. Now they are reporting that people are dying with covid. Which means they died or were dying anyway but we're tested for covid and were positive. There were about 40000 excess deaths,. That's what they call them, due to the cold winter of 2014. We never closed down Hong Kong flu 1968 over1-4 million deaths worldwide and the world carried on. The death of a loved one is always a terrible thing but I'm.now starting to think that this has been a massive overreaction

Angela Merkel has extended the ban on large gatherings (I think more than 10 people?) until the end of August. The German league might start again before then, but it would need to be behind closed doors and in a "biosecure" environment with a heavy police presence to prevent crowds gathering outside the stadium. The odds are against any football as we know it starting before the end of August.
Not sure how you are going to allow 22 people onto a field to kick a ball about.
Seen something last week that it would take around 250 people at the stadium to stage a behind doors game.

The grounds staff at GP started digging up our pitch this morning...make of that what you will.

Not sure how you are going to allow 22 people onto a field to kick a ball about.
Seen something last week that it would take around 250 people at the stadium to stage a behind doors game.
Yes, looks like the German FA is out of step with the government. Any start before the end of August would be highly unlikely.

3 weeks more lockdown takes us to 7 May. Not clear at all what happens at that point.

Best case scenario (but still completely implausible imo), players can start training again. Theyd need 2 weeks probably? Takes it to around weekend of 22 May. That gives roughly 6 weeks for 9 games plus cup and europe.

I cant see it happening at all and feel it would be reckless if it did. The idea that one of the first relaxation measures we should introduce is to allow people to kick a ball round a field is actually mad when I think about it.
Do you really think the NHS will release the ambulance , crew and doctors necessary for football to go ahead

I don’t understand behind closed doors. Will all of the coaching and playing staff from each teambe tested in advance? Will all the refereeing team be tested? What about all the tv teams, stadium staff, medical teams, ‘heavy police presence’? Are all these people really going to be tested before front line medical staff are tested just so a football match can be played (and it would have to be repeated for every single game).

Society’s priorities are completely wrong if anyone signs off on all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.