Would never get in the 'world class' or 'top ten' threads, but I loved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Baines world class? If he’d played in the champions league every season or dare I say it had joined a bigger club then perhaps he would of been credited with that status. Poor chaps only got a fa cup runners up medal to his name for staying loyal to us but becoming a everton legend in my eyes he’s been world class for us.

the others
Dunc
Cahill
Arteta
Gravesen
Jagielka
Lescott
Speed
Kanchelskis
Coleman
Howard
Campbell
Piennar

Johnny Morrissey, Davy Thomas, Martin Dobson, Joe Parkinson, John Connolly, Mark Higgins, Stuart McCall, Nigel Martyn, Peter Beardsley, Steve McMahon (yes, I know) and honourable mention goes to The one, the only super Kevin Campbell!
Always wondered what would have happened if we had kept McMahon would we have bought Reid and later on bracewell or would McMahon have fitted into the great 80s side

Some players just got what it was like playing for this great club and typified what Alan Ball famously said about once Everton has touched you: Cahill, Ferguson, Parkinson, Watson, King
All 5 would have run through brick walls for the club.
Others stick in the memory for playing the game with a smile on their face: Yakubu, Mackenzie
Others for their brilliance: Kanchelsis, Latchford,

Status
Not open for further replies.