Stoke fan here in peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks – Stoke fan here in peace.

I work on the ‘Duck’ fanzine and I’m planning a different type of article for our next issue – out whenever something approaching normal matchdays return to our lives once more.

I aim to ask supporters of several clubs 5 questions about their perceptions of Stoke City in order a to create a big feature article “Us and Them.” For the following questions, feel free to answer in varied depth/ brevity but a couple of sentences at least for each is ideal:
  1. Generally how do you see Stoke City the club – a rival? Non-entity? Certain type of club? Disdain? Admiration? Pity?! As a fixture – is it of general appeal?

1. Are there any Stoke players/ teams that have made an impression on you over the years?

1. Are there matches between your team and Stoke you recall hating/ loving?

1. In home / away matches, what have you made of the Stoke support? Any particular memories?

1. The Victoria Ground/ The New One – what did/ do you make our of our home ground(s)’ the grounds? Any particular experiences or impressions?

Given our reputation over the years, this could be a risk but then again, it would be great if I could glean a diverse range of honest/ diverse/ cutting/ funny/ serious or even complimentary views.

If you can be arsed, thanks for your time.

Take care of yourselves,
Lee Hawthorne @ORFYDUCKMAG
Rival...how can you think that word is appropriate?

Who are Stoke again?

Can't remember playing you, sorry I do remember your fans licking the coach windows as they arrived near the ground.

Brexiters, enough said

Your ground is in Stoke therefore depressing.

Why are all the questions numbered 1?

Hello folks – Stoke fan here in peace.

I work on the ‘Duck’ fanzine and I’m planning a different type of article for our next issue – out whenever something approaching normal matchdays return to our lives once more.

I aim to ask supporters of several clubs 5 questions about their perceptions of Stoke City in order a to create a big feature article “Us and Them.” For the following questions, feel free to answer in varied depth/ brevity but a couple of sentences at least for each is ideal:
  1. Generally how do you see Stoke City the club – a rival? Non-entity? Certain type of club? Disdain? Admiration? Pity?! As a fixture – is it of general appeal?
Working mans clby, I know a lot of Stoke lads and always enjoyed their company!
  1. Are there any Stoke players/ teams that have made an impression on you over the years? Loads, obviously the ones who played for us too, such as Mick Pejic, Mick Bernard, Paul Bracewell, but Greenhof and McIlroy I always liked, Steve Bould too, Rory Delap, Dennis Violet, etc. But my all time favourite was Alan Hudson, fabulous player when he was in the mood!

Every Match at the Victoria I dreaded, but I used to work with a load of lads from Stoke, so I always Had. Abevvy after the game with them.
  1. In home / away matches, what have you made of the Stoke support? Any particular memories?
Support at the Victoria was fierce, away support, always underwhelming, as you were close enough to,Liverpool to come mob handed, but I never remember you doing that?
  1. The Victoria Ground/ The New One – what did/ do you make our of our home ground(s)’ the grounds? Any particular experiences or impressions?
Victoria was fierce, very claustrophobic and noisy! The new one looked nice when it first went up, but like a Bolton, I think part of your soul went with the old ground!
Given our reputation over the years, this could be a risk but then again, it would be great if I could glean a diverse range of honest/ diverse/ cutting/ funny/ serious or even complimentary views.

If you can be arsed, thanks for your time.

Take care of yourselves,
Lee Hawthorne @ORFYDUCKMAG

It says sommet about you that need validation about you from the internet.

"Please say sommet nice about us, please"

First time I went to Stoke we won 2-3, we were 2 up early on then a couple of Rory delap long throws later and it was all square, we were denied a stone wall penalty, Moyes was sent to the stands and Cahill bagged the winner.
The things I remember from the day was walking up to the ground with my girlfriend at the time and a Stoke fan did a massive snot filled spit in front of us and said "bit of Stoke for you there, love" to my girlfriend. Charming. One of the home fans lost his mind when we went 2 up and threw a Stoke City lighter at someone the row behind me. He was reported to the stewards, they found him and threw him out.

It says sommet about you that need validation about you from the internet.

"Please say sommet nice about us, please"

I'm halfway through the article and the best stuff isn't complimentary so you are way off there. The best stuff is honest/ funny/ original. Nice is irrelevant. Laughed out loud at several insults. Says something about a person who assumes that but each to their own. Lighten up!

Some belting responses here in amongst all the predictable playground nonsense. Thank you and keep it coming.

Generally how do you see Stoke City the club – a rival? Non-entity? Certain type of club? Disdain? Admiration? Pity?! As a fixture – is it of general appeal?
I'll always respect them for being a fellow member of the original 12 clubs,but I can't say that in my time (my first season was 76-77)they've ever had any teams that have made a great impression on me.

Are there any Stoke players/ teams that have made an impression on you over the years?
As above really,apart from the players who've played for both clubs.Other than those,I'd say Garth Crooks,Lee Chapman,Peter Fox and Mark Chamberlain are the most prominent players I remember from when I was younger. I don't know many of the players these days,but I could say that about every team we play to be honest,I don't absorb it like I did when i was younger.

Are there matches between your team and Stoke you recall hating/ loving?
Bit of a personal one for me,when I was 10(79-80 season),I won a competition for me and my father to get "VIP" treatment for an upcoming game versus Stoke,and if I remember correctly it,was going to be a bit of a tour of the ground,a chance to meet the players and fill my autograph book and best seats in the main stand. Anyway,the game got postponed because of snow so no VIP day out for me! To be fair,the club still gave us the tickets(none of the other stuff though!) for the rearranged game,I remember the elderly uniformed commissionaires showing us to our seats,right behind the directors box,and we won 2-0 with my hero,big Bob,getting his 100th Everton goal that night!

In home / away matches, what have you made of the Stoke support? Any particular memories?
Probably when they threw a smoke bomb into the enclosure,opening game of the season in 83

The Victoria Ground/ The New One – what did/ do you make our of our home ground(s)’ the grounds? Any particular experiences or impressions?
Not mad on the new one,the only place I've ever had a pre match drink round there is in the 5 a side clubhouse near the ground if there's any pubs near there where away fans are welcome,then please let us know! I've been there maybe 4 or 5 times I guess, the cup tie in particular(Alan Stubbs)being a very hostile atmosphere.I remember going to the Victoria on our way to the league title in 85,Stoke were about to go down with what I think at the time was a record low points total and their fans had pretty much given up,Everton took the place over.

Favourite stoke memory

I wish Mirallas had a brain and was able to play beyond 60 mins. Some player.

Absolutely loved him for so much. He never quite stepped up to the level above, I thought we would struggle to hold on to him at points, but it’s a shame he seems to have gone down as a failure with so many people. He was absolutely boss for good chunks with us.

The only thing uglier than your football is your home crowd.

1. Are there any Stoke players/ teams that have made an impression on you over the years?

I've had a few vivid dreams about Charlie Adam bearing down on me trying to suck me off with his crack addict teeth.

I looked forward to them all as it was like watching a live action version of the walking dead series, with a football match thrown in the middle.

It always struck me that there's probably a high level of diabetes and COPD amongst your support and whether you get the option to reserve a seat for a cpap machine when buying a ticket.

Like Hiroshima but not as nice.

All the best mate.

My main memory of stoke is the absolute mutants stood behind the SSN reporter on deadline day lol

Hi Lee, I hope you are keeping yourself safe and well mate.

Stoke F.C.= you all thought Shaqiri was comparable to Messi.

View attachment 83216

I rest my case.

I don’t see anything wrong with that, the kids there all loved him and there’s no harm in it, it will have also been obviously tongue in cheek

I remember walking round with a ‘Wayne Ronaldo’ scarf I bought outside Goodison when I was 13,

I’m letting them have this one

Status
Not open for further replies.