Stoke fan here in peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing always stood out for me when we played Stoke, your throw ins. The Cruyff turn, the Rabona and the Stoke long throw, football terms, that will never be forgotten.

Gordon Banks, greatest goalkeeper of his generation, the reason many thought, we got knocked out of the world cup in 1970. Alan Hudson, Adrian Heath.

Hi Lee, I hope you are keeping yourself safe and well mate.

Stoke F.C.= you all thought Shaqiri was comparable to Messi.

shaqiriflag.jpg

I rest my case.

I've suppressed it that much I would need extensive therapy to recall it mate.
Google says it was a Bojan penalty.
Thinking of a different game. Awful stuff. I note in the BBC article the picture has Velios playing, so no wonder we couldn’t equalise

Thinking of a different game. Awful stuff. I note in the BBC article the picture has Velios playing, so no wonder we couldn’t equalise

Still playing, only 28, in Greek league, just googled it, haha, a blast from the past that.

Hello folks – Stoke fan here in peace.

I work on the ‘Duck’ fanzine and I’m planning a different type of article for our next issue – out whenever something approaching normal matchdays return to our lives once more.

I aim to ask supporters of several clubs 5 questions about their perceptions of Stoke City in order a to create a big feature article “Us and Them.” For the following questions, feel free to answer in varied depth/ brevity but a couple of sentences at least for each is ideal:
  1. Generally how do you see Stoke City the club – a rival? Non-entity? Certain type of club? Disdain? Admiration? Pity?! As a fixture – is it of general appeal?

1. Are there any Stoke players/ teams that have made an impression on you over the years?

1. Are there matches between your team and Stoke you recall hating/ loving?

1. In home / away matches, what have you made of the Stoke support? Any particular memories?

1. The Victoria Ground/ The New One – what did/ do you make our of our home ground(s)’ the grounds? Any particular experiences or impressions?

Given our reputation over the years, this could be a risk but then again, it would be great if I could glean a diverse range of honest/ diverse/ cutting/ funny/ serious or even complimentary views.

If you can be arsed, thanks for your time.

Take care of yourselves,
Lee Hawthorne @ORFYDUCKMAG

Stoke epitomizes brexit and flag waving Neanderthals to me, avoid at all costs.

Jesus I'd forgotten about that one, I would like to amend my previous answer. I think that was my son's first game as well. lol
Sorry son.

Status
Not open for further replies.