Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because he had a £5m release clause. He'd just scored 14 La Liga goals in a season, and Atletico Madrid wanted him too.

Easy to forget that he was a really exciting signing (and seen as an absolute steal) at the time

I thought he was a bargain too at that price. One goal in two ratio. The only worrying factor was that he looked about 52.

No disrespect to Bowen, but probably a reason why he was still at Hull, at 23 and then went to West Ham. That was the old Everton we need to be buying a lot better than that
I don't want to end up going down the route of Leeds United or Aston Villa and other big clubs.
I understand your thinking over Bowen though. I didn't realise he was 23 to be honest

We also went in for Ramsey at the same time.
I’m no fan of Dour Dave but to be honest Ramsey preferred Arsenal, mind you that might have been after having a chat with Moyes, he really was a miserable man and maybe players thought they’d give seeing Davy every day for the next few years a miss.

I’m no fan of Dour Dave but to be honest Ramsey preferred Arsenal, mind you that might have been after having a chat with Moyes, he really was a miserable man and maybe players thought they’d give seeing Davy every day for the next few years a miss.

Yep, see Bellamy, it was rumoured he wouldn't sign after meeting Moyes.

Then a year or two ago he said something on a sky sports game at one of our matches he met him and Moyes acted like he wasn't interested or something?

Regular CL football under one of the game's better managers with a reasonable chance to play alongside world class players or us? What a choice.

Well with Ancelotti one of those things is resolved. Need to work on the others now.

Regular CL football under one of the game's better managers with a reasonable chance to play alongside world class players or us? What a choice.

Well with Ancelotti one of those things is resolved. Need to work on the others now.

Ignore wrong player.

Then a year or two ago he said something on a sky sports game at one of our matches he met him and Moyes acted like he wasn't interested or something?
Re Bellamy, my son was stopped at traffic lights with Bellamy alongside him, my son indicated to Bellamy to wind his window down, after he did he asked him why he signed for Liverpool and not the Blues, Bellamy smiled at him and said pointedly ‘ You’d be better asking your manager”. Enough said I think.

The messiah moyes was just playing hard to get

Re Bellamy, my son was stopped at traffic lights with Bellamy alongside him, my son indicated to Bellamy to wind his window down, after he did he asked him why he signed for Liverpool and not the Blues, Bellamy smiled at him and said pointedly ‘ You’d be better asking your manager”. Enough said I think.

Bellamy was a troublemaker & not a team player....

Moyes was right not to buy.....

Bale would be a hell of a statement.

That said I am instinctively wary of statement signings given recent history so a no from me given the likely cost of the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.