Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still acting like losing Gana made us crap in 2020 is funneh.

Just because we replaced Gana with different varieties of Delph Schneiderlin Davies of Siggurdson doesn’t suddenly make Gana a modern day Makelele. He had a few good months with us in top form after we’d turned down his move in January. Before that he’s been average for long periods and part of some terrible teams. Anyone with graduation goggles on for Gana should just watch Coutinho waltz past him like he’s not there at Anfield just when we’d got back in the game.

Just because we replaced Gana with different varieties of Delph Schneiderlin Davies of Siggurdson doesn’t suddenly make Gana a modern day Makelele. He had a few good months with us in top form after we’d turned down his move in January. Before that he’s been average for long periods and part of some terrible teams. Anyone with graduation goggles on for Gana should just watch Coutinho waltz past him like he’s not there at Anfield just when we’d got back in the game.
He was our best player for the period he was here and it wasn't even close. No maybe he isn't the greatest midfielder to ever live but he was easily a Champions League level player and you may have noticed not many of those turn out in a blue jersey these days.

When he left we needed to switch the tactics to have a chance. Silva's entire system of pressing was built on a house of cards that stood up because more often than not Gueye could cover the cracks in it. Last season we conceded 3 goals twice in the 33 games he played and three times in the 5 he didn't. And the two times we didn't were both against Huddersfield.

This feels very similar to when Lukaku left when everyone was trying to say this that and the other was why we weren't winning. The truth is when you've got a special player and he leaves more than minor changes will be necessary to play without that guy. Koeman couldn't handle it then and Silva couldn't handle it when it happened to him. Those guys leaving hurt because they were the best players we've had in the last 5 or 6 years. And if Richarlison leaves it will hurt the same way and our fans will come in claiming he wasn't actually good all the same.

Completely disagree, I’d say it was the exact opposite and Zouma was the easily our best centre half.

I think the big demand for him to be signed and the frivolous ‘free Zouma’ campaign by our fans as well as Brands efforts to get him just reiterate how high he was though of on the back of an excellent season.

Also the fact that Chelsea were not entertaining our big bids in anyway show how highly they rate him.

All it shows is that people have short memories and couldn’t remember past the last few games of last season. The same people thought Keane was nailed on to be a starter based on those games.

All it shows is that people have short memories and couldn’t remember past the last few games of last season. The same people thought Keane was nailed on to be a starter based on those games.
We were better when Zouma played for the entire year, fwiw.

There are a fair few reasons imo to not sign Zouma again, but he's absolute garbage wouldn't be one of them.

Keane is a limited player. And we don't have the team around him for those limits to not be exposed.

We were better when Zouma played for the entire year, fwiw.

There are a fair few reasons imo to not sign Zouma again, but he's absolute garbage wouldn't be one of them.

Keane is a limited player. And we don't have the team around him for those limits to not be exposed.

Is this actually true though if you really think about it? It isn’t. In fact the games in which we were most solid last season were mainly the games where Keane and Mina played together.

Is this actually true though if you really think about it? It isn’t.
I don't know I thought he was pretty integral in the turnaround but he was there for the bad parts too. We've seen everyone else we have be no better so I would have liked him back as an option but ultimately that probably isn't reason to buy someone.

Notice I'm still not saying he's garbage, but if you don't like him whatever.

It is weird that you'll defend Bernard to the end of time but Zouma who had a run of form about 8 games longer than anything Bernard has put together is pants. It makes me question whether anyone is ever being serious on this place.

I don't know I thought he was pretty integral in the turnaround but he was there for the bad parts too. We've seen everyone else we have be no better so I would have liked him back as an option but ultimately that probably isn't reason to buy someone.

Notice I'm still not saying he's garbage, but if you don't like him whatever.

It is weird that you'll defend Bernard to the end of time but Zouma who had a run of form about 8 games longer than anything Bernard has put together is pants. It makes me question whether anyone is ever being serious on this place.

Because I judge a player from what I see on the pitch, and over the course of the season I saw an average centre back who was prone to some complete and utter calamity performances from time to time. Always getting caught out of position leaving massive gaps behind him, he did have positive traits though, such as ability in the air and strength.

By the same token I think it’s weird the way you blew smoke up Lookman’s arse consistently despite never actually doing a single thing for us ever.

Because I judge a player from what I see on the pitch, and over the course of the season I saw an average centre back who was prone to some complete and utter calamity performances from time to time.

By the same token I think it’s weird the way you blew smoke up Lookman’s arse consistently despite never actually doing a single thing for us ever.
This still remains untrue. I don't really care to dig up everything again, but just know that it isn't true.

The only calamities I remember from Zouma coincided with Gueye not playing which for me is tactical failings from Silva. No one would have survived back there.

This still remains untrue. I don't really care to dig up everything again, but just know that it isn't true.

The only calamities I remember from Zouma coincided with Gueye not playing which for me is tactical failings from Silva. No one would have survived back there.

So that pretty much tells us that Zouma wasn’t the reason we were solid towards the back end of last season then doesn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.