Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have to give you more work Eggs, if you haven’t got John Doolan on your list, played at least one game, maybe against Spurs at right back, John is from near the city centre Soho Street. Put him near the top of the list Eggs, please, I know his dad, Duke, a very sound man.

....I thought about John Doolan as I remember him playing for the Academy but I didn’t think he played a league game.

Edit; Just checked, no first team appearance but I’ve thought of another interesting thread and John certainly qualifies for that.

...no real providence, Raino. I know he went to De La Salle and links to the Rooney’s in the Western Approaches Pub in Croxteth.

Just had a little search.
Both from Croxteth apparently

...Tom is on the final summary on previous page. I did capture Whittle, but looks like I missed him off that summary. He’s one to be added to Dovecot.
My first ever blues autograph at the Rocket in the 1968 homecoming - he had a ciggie in his hand as he signed it lost it on the bus on the way home =doh - who would have thought only 2 years later I would see him in his glory going a long way to win us the title - doh lost big Nevs the same way..... much later......

Has Morgan Feeny played a league game for us? Did he play in that massacre against Arsenal? Or am i imagining it?
I know he played a few Europa league games?

And as Victor Anichebe was born in Lagos, with Beni Baningime being born in DR Congo, did he grow up on merseyside?

....goes to my barber in Knotty Ash so that makes sense, but he made no first team appearances. He was a proper goalscorer at youth level but never made the leap when many thought he would.

Perhaps another thread, Everton academy players who never made a first team appearance but played 100 games in the lower leagues.

I’ll do a summary on this thread later with additional information provided.

Are we not counting European appearances? Know we've had a few throwaway games where we've played a lot of the kids but the academy does take great pride in those games. There used to be a few Jack Rodwell bits up around Finch Farm when he played in Europe. Same too with Anichebe and Hope Akpan.

Are we not counting European appearances? Know we've had a few throwaway games where we've played a lot of the kids but the academy does take great pride in those games. There used to be a few Jack Rodwell bits up around Finch Farm when he played in Europe. Same too with Anichebe and Hope Akpan.

....I think league games are a definite reflection of coming through the ranks, in recent seasons the likes of Fraser Hornby and Anthony Gordon played in Europa League, Gordon has gone on to play in the PL whilst Hornby is playing abroad.

I’m sure those lads who have represented the club in Europe are rightly proud of their achievement and it will always be a feather in their cap.

Has Morgan Feeny played a league game for us? Did he play in that massacre against Arsenal? Or am i imagining it?
I know he played a few Europa league games?

And as Victor Anichebe was born in Lagos, with Beni Baningime being born in DR Congo, did he grow up on merseyside?

...good point, I think Beni is one for inclusion if he was raised on Merseyside.

...good point, I think Beni is one for inclusion if he was raised on Merseyside.

Grew up in Wigan.
Seems i keep canceling out my own suggestions here
Although his school was WN3, which is 10 minutes from Skem? Does he go in Ossie category?

Few names that i havent seen (although might of already been discussed somewere else in the thread

Eddie Youds
Neil Moore
Tony Thomas
Adam Farley
Hope Akpan
Adam Forshaw
James Wallace
Ryan Ledson
Chris Long

...apologies, Raino, Adam Forshaw needs adding to the list as he played a league game for us but I have no idea which district he’s from.

...apologies, Raino, Adam Forshaw needs adding to the list as he played a league game for us but I have no idea which district he’s from.

A kopite from West Derby according to an article from his time at Middlesborough.

"Ever since his tender years, a Liverpool season ticket holder living a stone’s throw away from Everton’s training ground, Forshaw has grafted for everything."

Status
Not open for further replies.