Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin McLeod seems to have slipped the net. Definitely a Liverpool lad from speaking with him, but no idea whereabouts he's from.

Sorry about my fading memory, I was confusing Jevons with Michael Symes; I remember talking with his family at the Corner Pin at White Hart Lane at the 2nd leg of the Youth Cup semi final when Wayne Rooney scored a thunderbolt when his free kick was blocked.

Kevin McLeod seems to have slipped the net. Definitely a Liverpool lad from speaking with him, but no idea whereabouts he's from.

Sorry about my fading memory, I was confusing Jevons with Michael Symes; I remember talking with his family at the Corner Pin at White Hart Lane at the 2nd leg of the Youth Cup semi final when Wayne Rooney scored a thunderbolt when his free kick was blocked.
I’ve an idea Kevin came from Speke, was he related to a good boxer, cousin maybe, who came from Speke?

......yep, we got Paul Lodge.

Jevons was in the Colin Harvey‘s successful youth team with Osman, he was a few years before Rooney. Ty Browning is a shout, I need to include him. I know he lived around Moscow Drive off Queens Drive, not far from our very own @Groucho.

i remember Adam Farley, I think he ended up at Marine. Jamie Milligan was terrific, I think he was MoM in the FA Youth Final win, played until recently for Fleetwood. I think Milligan is from the Fylde.

(Edit; just checked, Milligan from Blackpool, now manager of Bamber Bridge. Good footballer.)
Yes Michael Sykes was the centre forward who played with Wayne Rooney, Bryan Robson took him to Bradford City and he was with different clubs after that, Accrington Stanley being one of them, he is possibly still playing in the lower leagues now,he sat next to me at Wembley watching the Everton/ Man. Unt. semi final.

Yes Michael Sykes was the centre forward who played with Wayne Rooney, Bryan Robson took him to Bradford City and he was with different clubs after that, Accrington Stanley being one of them, he is possibly still playing in the lower leagues now,he sat next to me at Wembley watching the Everton/ Man. Unt. semi final.

...yep, I remember Sykes was tall and gangly. Rooney took that side to the final, he was such a talent. The Osman era was unique, full of players who made a good living out of the game, some at the very top level.

...I watched McLeod a fair bit. Left winger. Need to check if he made a first team appearance before moving on.

(Edit: McLeod made 5 appearances).

...yep, I remember Sykes was tall and gangly. Rooney took that side to the final, he was such a talent. The Osman era was unique, full of players who made a good living out of the game, some at the very top level.
Yes I think Wayne was the outstanding English player for many a year before and since who played in the FA youth cup, or any English football competition.

Where was Ty Browning born? Definitely made a few appearances.

Bit of research off Tyias' wiki
'He attended the same school as his Wigan Athletic teammates Lee Nicholls and Jack Phillips '

So checked Lee Nicholls' wiki -born in Huyton
Jack Phillips ' He linked up with manager John Coleman, who was his former Primary School teacher at St Aloysius in Liverpool. '
St Aloysius, i think is down Roby/Huyton way

So i', guessing Tyias is from them ends

Few names that i havent seen (although might of already been discussed somewere else in the thread

Eddie Youds
Neil Moore
Tony Thomas
Adam Farley
Hope Akpan
Adam Forshaw
James Wallace
Ryan Ledson
Chris Long

Bit of research off Tyias' wiki
'He attended the same school as his Wigan Athletic teammates Lee Nicholls and Jack Phillips '

So checked Lee Nicholls' wiki -born in Huyton
Jack Phillips ' He linked up with manager John Coleman, who was his former Primary School teacher at St Aloysius in Liverpool. '
St Aloysius, i think is down Roby/Huyton way

So i', guessing Tyias is from them ends

...happy to go with that but I’m quite certainly he lived around Moscow Drive when he was older.

Status
Not open for further replies.