2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't expected to compete for Europe cos we had a new manager on a rebuild job. Anyone who thought we'd be 5th or 6th needed their heads testing. We finished where we should've finished, 8th, 3 points from being outside the "top 6".

And you haven't named a load of Left Wingers/Midfielders, you've named strikers who play in a front 3, 2 or on their own. Richarlison is a better comparison.

Bernard has played 19 games this season (14 starts). Scored the most out of our midfield and is our 3rd highest scorer with a mighty 3.

Again, he's not the problem. He's one of a handful of players in our team I'd genuinely call a footballer.
Bizarre stuff mate, 3 points off 6th. Check again we finished a pityful 12 points off United who finished 6th last year.

To start getting anywhere near 6th you need to start winning and drawing away games. If people really think Bernard should be starting away games on his performances in away games there is no hope.

Bizarre stuff mate, 3 points off 6th. Check again we finished a pityful 12 points off United who finished 6th last year.

To start getting anywhere near 6th you need to start winning and drawing away games. If people really think Bernard should be starting away games on his performances in away games there is no hope.

If you read correctly I said 3 points outside the top 6 as best of the rest ie 7th. Which is generally what we have been for years "best of the rest" outside the top teams

Also...our away record has been shocking since Koeman was in charge. Nothing to do with Bernard.

size doesn't always give a true indicator of strength though. I've known lads Bernards size incredibly strong.

He’s been here two seasons almost now. He’s basically a bit part player for a team that will finish mid table. Carlo, our best manager in that time, doesn’t fancy him either it seems by the amount of minutes he gets. Yet people still rate him. He’ll be sold, and the club he goes to will tell us how good he is. It won’t be a top team. He’s spent his peak years at shaktar and came to us on a free. It’s not wreaking of a top player is it

He’s been here two seasons almost now. He’s basically a bit part player for a team that will finish mid table. Carlo, our best manager in that time, doesn’t fancy him either it seems by the amount of minutes he gets. Yet people still rate him. He’ll be sold, and the club he goes to will tell us how good he is. It won’t be a top team. He’s spent his peak years at shaktar and came to us on a free. It’s not wreaking of a top player is it

Was wasted under Silva.

I feel like he would do better in a team like City. He's years ahead of players like Sigurdsson and Walcott in terms of anticipating the play. Hopefully we can get better players this summer.
Chester City? He’d get outmuscled in the northern premier make no mistake!

I feel like he would do better in a team like City. He's years ahead of players like Sigurdsson and Walcott in terms of anticipating the play. Hopefully we can get better players this summer.
Trust me, if a city player came and played for us, we’d notice the difference straight away. The quality would shine through and they stand out. Bernard gets dragged at half time most times he starts. That’s not because noones on the same wavelength, it’s because he doesn’t affect the game enough when things aren’t going his way. There are plenty of talented footballers out there. He’s full of it, but that isn’t enough I’m afraid. Especially when you’re so small. You need to have more of a siege mentality to
How you play the game and that extra bit of fight to make up for it. He just doesn’t have it to compete consistently in such a tough league.

Trust me, if a city player came and played for us, we’d notice the difference straight away. The quality would shine through and they stand out. Bernard gets dragged at half time most times he starts. That’s not because noones on the same wavelength, it’s because he doesn’t affect the game enough when things aren’t going his way. There are plenty of talented footballers out there. He’s full of it, but that isn’t enough I’m afraid. Especially when you’re so small. You need to have more of a siege mentality to
How you play the game and that extra bit of fight to make up for it. He just doesn’t have it to compete consistently in such a tough league.

Delph has been a class above it's true.

I'm not going to pretend to watch Ukrainian football often, but what he produced goals and assists wise there really wasn't anything special at all. That league is low level to the point that someone not standing out is not going to be good enough for the PL almost 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.