Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought for all the other businesses affected by the problem .Many cafes ,restaurants and the like will go bust .Many other shops of course will be similarly affected ,here in Finland they are expecting major problems with small businesses going bust . There are lots of spin offs to this lot ,we have a young Italian girl that has just opened a shop and coffee bar and now she will be really hard done to ,me as a pensioner living in the forest hopefully will sit it out with no problems but sad to see the effects all around .
The government or something needs to help everyone, people and small businesses, by stopping fees or rent and things whilst everyone is under quarantine.

2062E3F3-F3BF-4CA9-A043-95748D66F801.jpeg

What do you mean can't complete the fixtures? Ever? This will cause a temporary delay of a few months. It's not going to prevent any Football being played again, ever.

The season will be postponed, not cancelled. Most other big european leagues will take the same approach. The Euro's will be pushed to 2021, leaving the summer months free to complete the remaining fixtures.

This has the added bonus of allowing the players more time off for rest, season 20/21 will likely start later, perhaps in October / November rather than August as usual - this could also allow subsequent seasons to start later / finish earlier, allowing the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to run in winter as planned, with minimal disruption to domestic seasons.
Are you panicking mate

Not to get too far away from the human tragedy and the mild amusement of our neighbours issues... but thinking from a financial point of view, it's clear that we (and pretty much every other club) are going to face a severe loss in revenue (both from loss of ticket sales and possibly prize money). I wonder how we'll deal with this... Another cash injection from Moshiri? And will UEFA have to suspend FFP to account for the unexpected drop in revenue across Europe?

What do you mean can't complete the fixtures? Ever? This will cause a temporary delay of a few months. It's not going to prevent any Football being played again, ever.

The season will be postponed, not cancelled. Most other big european leagues will take the same approach. The Euro's will be pushed to 2021, leaving the summer months free to complete the remaining fixtures.

This has the added bonus of allowing the players more time off for rest, season 20/21 will likely start later, perhaps in October / November rather than August as usual - this could also allow subsequent seasons to start later / finish earlier, allowing the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to run in winter as planned, with minimal disruption to domestic seasons.
A temporary delay of a few months = forever. I'm afraid the season will go the way of the German one with a voiding and no title awarded.

I actually feel terrible for the rs. Imagine waiting all that time for what really matters after so many close calls and self induced failures. The one time it actually is on the verge of happening, the carpet gets pulled from under your feet. The prize so tantalizingly close vanishes in front of you.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

The suspension will inevitably follow the postponement unless there is a miraculous recovery. I mean look at the direction of the graph and think what it's going to take to reverse that momentum.

I can well see 2020/21 starting late, but 2020 cannot finish beyond June. Contracts are up at that point. Legally if games were to be played with different players it's a litigation nightmare.

They have (at the very latest) until the end of June to finish things off.

In all honesty, to me it makes sense to postpone the league seasons, allow cup competitions to finish off (as far fewer teams play) and these should be prioritised.

A temporary delay of a few months = forever. I'm afraid the season will go the way of the German one with a voiding and no title awarded.

I actually feel terrible for the rs. Imagine waiting all that time for what really matters after so many close calls and self induced failures. The one time it actually is on the verge of happening, the carpet gets pulled from under your feet. The prize so tantalizingly close vanishes in front of you.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

The funny thing with this, is I can see themselves awarding themselves some bogus trophy. And when people even mildly point out it's irrelevant them getting massively upset and biting.

It's worth saying, the governments projections (positive projections) are 1/2 a million deaths. Events will very quickly move on from football and why it's a little harsh to not award the title to Liverpool. There will be far more pressing issues.
try telling the FA that

Status
Not open for further replies.