Boris : Wash your hands lads it’ll be grand

Probably been posted
All soccer at all age groups and levels suspended in Ireland including training
All rugby at all age groups suspended including training
All GAA games at all levels suspended including training
Horse racing to go behind closed doors
Boris : Wash your hands lads it’ll be grand
And 1 person has died in ireland!

The issue is not the contraction, PHE are estimating an 80% infection rate, but more mitigating it rather than having a mass peak; which will have a detrimental impact on business and public services.

We’ll be entering the next phase on contingency planning and such things as reducing social contact will be required.

COVID-19 has a very long life, so if someone sneezes on a keyboard/bus seat/door handle etc etc the evidence is suggesting that it lives for a quite a bit

I think it's pretty clear the UK gov are delaying doing what Italy have already done in order to attempt to ease the strain.

NHS is already at breaking point for a multitude of reasons – one of those factors is we're currently still in winter flu season.

I genuinely think once we come out of that then they'll start quarantining. Maybe that's next week or in two weeks' time - but it will happen.

All this 'take it on the chin' stuff - yes it's nonsense, of course it is. But it's just delay tactics. There will need to be more space free in the hospitals and at the moment there just isn't - again for a lot of reasons.

That feels contradictory to me - how does doing nothing delay it? surely it just piles onto the flu season?

Status
Not open for further replies.