2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many `tiny' weak framed players have excelled in the Prem?? Zola.
The moment I first saw Bernard I thought aye aye' this will be interesting away from home. Sure enough he has never lifted a leg when the pressure is on, the crowd are against, the home team is getting stuck in and attacking. Its one of the clear reasons why Brands doesnt know what he is doing. Investing massive wages in a player quite clearly not up to the demands of this unforgiving league.

David Silva says hello.

Lookman and Bernard can both be average at best footballers at the same time. It really doesn't change the fact that Lookman should have gotten a few games at the end of last year just like Gordon probably should this time around. They might be the future. Bernard isn't.
Completely disagree.

The only times Lookman looked decent was off the subs bench against tiring legs. Every single time he started he was disappointing. He had loads of opportunities but he didn’t grasp them.

The argument that Lookman wasn’t given enough opportunities is very lazy and ill informed.

Completely disagree.

The only times Lookman looked decent was off the subs bench against tiring legs. Every single time he started he was disappointing. He had loads of opportunities but he didn’t grasp them.

The argument that Lookman wasn’t given enough opportunities is very lazy and ill informed.

The fact that Lookman is currently warming the bench at RBL due to being a lazy, cryarse, rat midget, tells us that nothing has changed with him and we did well getting shut at a profit.

Completely disagree.

Lookman played 1000 or so out of the almost 7000 league minutes he was available to be selected for while he was here. That's 15% of the time spread out over 3 different seasons that totaled about 21 months of time here. That's incredibly sporadic playing time. Some of that is his fault no doubt about it, but to me that isn't a chance. That's in the same category as saying Kean has had plenty of chances this year. It just isn't true.

Bernard meanwhile has played 3300 of the 5500 minutes he was available for. There have been no long spells where he doesn't play nor has he gone months without a start. And yet people sit here and say that he can still show us more if we just keep playing him while they're sure that Lookman could never have been any better.

It just seems inconsistent to this lazy and uninformed viewer. I sincerely hope we don't plan on screwing Gordon in the same way. Luckily as a longtime Evertonian he should be willing to be more patient.

The fact that Lookman is currently warming the bench at RBL due to being a lazy, cryarse, rat midget, tells us that nothing has changed with him and we did well getting shut at a profit.
Or it tells us nothing because RBL are 4 times the team we are and only Richarlison of our current lot would even sniff their team. They have bench warmers that would start every single match for us.

Or it tells us nothing because RBL are 4 times the team we are and only Richarlison of our current lot would even sniff their team. They have bench warmers that would start every single match for us.

No, the fact they were trying to punt him out to Newcastle in January, tells us that they`ve had enough of him him too,

No, the fact they were trying to punt him out to Newcastle in January, tells us that they`ve had enough of him him too,
I don't disagree with that but the idea that because someone doesn't play for a CL quarterfinal team means they aren't good enough for us is ludicrous. Lucas Digne comes to mind.

I don't disagree with that but the idea that because someone doesn't play for a CL quarterfinal team means they aren't good enough for us is ludicrous. Lucas Digne comes to mind.

But on the previous thread you say -

"Playing regular CL for a team that is one of two good sides in a poor league that doesn't really compete beyond maybe going out in the first knockout is beyond meaningless."

Yet a bench warmer who can't get a sniff in a decent side IS good enough?

But on the previous thread you say -

"Playing regular CL for a team that is one of two good sides in a poor league that doesn't really compete beyond maybe going out in the first knockout is beyond meaningless."

Yet a bench warmer who can't get a sniff in a decent side IS good enough?
If you can't figure out the difference between Shakhtar and RBL I'm not going to bother going any further.

Also we've seen more than enough of Bernard to know who he is. I don't think we ever did with Lookman (or Vlasic or Kean to this point) yet people have drawn their 100% conclusions.

If you can't figure out the difference between Shakhtar and RBL I'm not going to bother going any further.

Also we've seen more than enough of Bernard to know who he is. I don't think we ever did with Lookman (or Vlasic or Kean to this point) yet people have drawn their 100% conclusions.

Well you're judging one player on what you've seen, and judging another on what you haven't seen based purely on what team they (don't) play regularly for and saying one is better than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.