Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll have to be a multi denominational prayer , if such a thing exists

Games being cancelled all over Europe , games behind closed doors ,
Britain, nah it’ll be grand , sure there’s only 6 dead
More cases on Northern Ireland now
Betting lobby (cheltenham etc) RULE THEM.

Don't panic!! If it gets you it gets you so not worth worrying about. Just read an article on BBC about a second person in London being cured of HIV.
For those that were too young we were all going to die of this in the 80s whether you were gay or hetrosexual.
All you can do with this coronavirus is carry on and try and take precautions. Mostly deadly for over 80s or if you have a chronic disease. This is from WHO not this government.

Absolutely. We see the most vulnerable targets of this - immunocompromised people, folks in poor physical health in general, elderly and those with pre-existing cardiac and/or respiratory issues.

I think there's been an overreaction, though I do get urging caution for certain populations. A few private pharma companies and universities are already on the verge of antivirals specific to COVID-19

So Spain are playing games behind closed doors but thousands of Atletico fans will be descending on Liverpool tomorrow, or maybe even today and staying over. What a farce.

They've closed schools etc, the supermarkets have been ransacked and they've gone a tad crazy.

One thing I've noticed in Madrid is they just react and don't have any prior planning for anything. They don't bother with anything unless it directly affects them. IMO the Spanish (Madrid anyway) are a very selfish society unless you are in their circle of friends and then they can't do enough for you. I'm sure plenty of people have had different experiences and the rest of Spain may be better, but this is how I've found my time in Madrid.

Btw I'm flying home this weekend for the game so stay away....

Absolutely. We see the most vulnerable targets of this - immunocompromised people, folks in poor physical health in general, elderly and those with pre-existing cardiac and/or respiratory issues.

I think there's been an overreaction, though I do get urging caution for certain populations. A few private pharma companies and universities are already on the verge of antivirals specific to COVID-19
Who tests these? The old and vulnerable as you seem to be suggesting? Need to be tested fully.
Be at least 12 months before any new vaccines are used. Could be up to 18 months though.

Seems to be some mummers this evening that Euro2020 is to be delayed 12 months to summer of 2021, allowing domestic leagues a buffer to the end of july to complete their leagues. Presumably, this would lead to a pan-European suspension of all sport, if the the nation's football associations agree.

Seems to be some mummers this evening that Euro2020 is to be delayed 12 months to summer of 2021, allowing domestic leagues a buffer to the end of july to complete their leagues. Presumably, this would lead to a pan-European suspension of all sport, if the the nation's football associations agree.

Rather they just scrapped them to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.