Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person that we go for in midfield cant be an up and coming midfielder etc.
It needs to be someone who comes in and is automatically our best player, as someone said like the impact Fernandes has had on Utd
Names banded like Cook & Ampadu just wouldnt come in and be that, they would slip into our sea of midfielders not good enough.

If we could get a midfielder like that
, along with Gomes, hopefully Gbamin & maybe even someone like Chalobah at Watford our midfield would look alright.

Right back & Right midfield too, and im guessing we probably wont be able to spend much more due to FFP, especially with the Tosun news we wont be getting any money for him in the summer
We can't.

Fernandes is on an unbelievable hot streak too. He will come back to earth.

But if we want to win things we need to adopt a policy that might actually make that happen. Signing a bunch of 30 year olds even if they're brilliant for a year or two like Barry was won't be that policy.

It depends though on who the 30+ year olds are.

For example, we'd all take Willian. Serial winner. Good quality. Would help some of the younger players.

Holgate, DCL, Richarlison, Kean...even Pickford - they need good senior players around them.

For example, we'd all take Willian. Serial winner. Good quality. Would help some of the younger players.

Holgate, DCL, Richarlison, Kean...even Pickford - they need good senior players around them.
Say we sign Willian, Allan and a similar aged CB. We're still 4 to 5 good players away. By the time we get them in Willian and Allen are way past it. You're always chasing and never actually getting to a full squad.

Say we sign Willian, Allan and a similar aged CB. We're still 4 to 5 good players away. By the time we get them in Willian and Allen are way past it. You're always chasing and never actually getting to a full squad.
Genuinely then mate, what's the solution?

For me the first step is having a really specific plan of how you want to play and what qualities you need in players for each position to make that work. If you don't do that nothing else really matters.

Once we have that set up I'd say buying players who are max about 27 is the way to go. You can still get fairly proven players like Digne and Gomes in that age range. Those types can still lead younger players but also be around when everyone is at their peak.

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to buy a whole team of players that walk in at CL level. We don't have the muscle or the money.

The person that we go for in midfield cant be an up and coming midfielder etc.
It needs to be someone who comes in and is automatically our best player, as someone said like the impact Fernandes has had on Utd
Names banded like Cook & Ampadu just wouldnt come in and be that, they would slip into our sea of midfielders not good enough.

If we could get a midfielder like that, along with Gomes, hopefully Gbamin & maybe even someone like Chalobah at Watford our midfield would look alright.

Right back & Right midfield too, and im guessing we probably wont be able to spend much more due to FFP, especially with the Tosun news we wont be getting any money for him in the summer

For me the first step is having a really specific plan of how you want to play and what qualities you need in players for each position to make that work. If you don't do that nothing else really matters.

Once we have that set up I'd say buying players who are max about 27 is the way to go. You can still get fairly proven players like Digne and Gomes in that age range. Those types can still lead younger players but also be around when everyone is at their peak.

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to buy a whole team of players that walk in at CL level. We don't have the muscle or the money.

Surely its quite clear that we have the following options:

A: Sign players similar in age/profile to Delph who are 'affordable'

B: Sign young u21 players with world class potential like Richarlison or Kean

C: Sign u25 players with top potential for big money which we havent done so far i think...

D: Sign players in their prime for record fees the sigurdsson option

E: Sign random players and hope they magically become world class like Kante for leicester

Or a mixture...

I would say that the game thesedays really punishes teams with no pace which older players can lose overnight....

We were just schooled by an 18 year old and a 21 year old playing with Barkley...

Camavinga at Rennes just turned 17 and is a world class prospect performing well in the league, statistically better than Nzonzi who alot of posters wanted.

I would hope we go for one player like that (the kean option) and also Tonali (the Richarlison option).

Weve then got Gomes, Gbamin, Tonali, Camavinga, Davies which is a nice mix...that midfield would only improve...

Surely its quite clear that we have the following options:

A: Sign players similar in age/profile to Delph who are 'affordable'

B: Sign young u21 players with world class potential like Richarlison or Kean

C: Sign u25 players with top potential for big money which we havent done so far i think...

D: Sign players in their prime for record fees the sigurdsson option

E: Sign random players and hope they magically become world class like Kante for leicester

Or a mixture...

I would say that the game thesedays really punishes teams with no pace which older players can lose overnight....

We were just schooled by an 18 year old and a 21 year old playing with Barkley...

Camavinga at Rennes just turned 17 and is a world class prospect performing well in the league, statistically better than Nzonzi who alot of posters wanted.

I would hope we go for one player like that (the kean option) and also Tonali (the Richarlison option).

Weve then got Gomes, Gbamin, Tonali, Camavinga, Davies which is a nice mix...that midfield would only improve...
Davies should be not be near our squad next season

zat he aint good enough
He has had 4 years and has not progressed
Put an U 23 in the squad who may make it because davies will not
I think there's a role for Davies. Partnering another defensively deficient midfielder in a two man midfield isn't it.

I wouldn't give up yet but the signs aren't always so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.