Match Thread Everton v Liverpool (Monday 16 March 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if I had to choose the merseyside teams' scores from this weekend's games to maximise our chances here, I'd have chosen near enough the same results. They won unconvincingly and are in very questionable form, whereas we've just been humiliated and now have a serious point to prove and absolutely love to pull out a heroic, glorious redemption performance on the back of a season-ending spanking, when there's no pressure and nothing left to play for.

If ever there was a derby we might win, this is it.

Honestly, if I had to choose the merseyside teams' scores from this weekend's games to maximise our chances here, I'd have chosen near enough the same results. They won unconvincingly and are in very questionable form, whereas we've just been humiliated and now have a serious point to prove and absolutely love to pull out a heroic, glorious redemption performance on the back of a season-ending spanking, when there's no pressure and nothing left to play for.

ha ha I said that walking across Stanley park in the fa cup

ha ha I said that walking across Stanley park in the fa cup

We still had the FA cup to play for and a huge opportunity to end the anfield drought as well, courtesy of Liverpool themselves. Plenty for us to throw away there.

What we need is a situation where both our and their league seasons are effectively over. This is as close as it'll probably get to that.

We say this all the time. Plenty were saying this was our time to win at Stamford Bridge for the first time since 94.

I agree that the way football works it would usually see a side in our position spring a surprise but this is Everton. We are more likely to lose in a humiliating fashion than beat them.

We say this all the time. Plenty were saying this was our time to win at Stamford Bridge for the first time since 94.

I agree that the way football works it would usually see a side in our position spring a surprise but this is Everton. We are more likely to lose in a humiliating fashion than beat them.

I'm not saying it's likely we'll win, I'm just saying it'd be very Everton to win one with so little riding on it.

A bit too much pressure will be felt by our brave lion hearts and I fear they will fold like a cheap umbrella in a steady breeze. If we can restrict the result to a loss no worse than 2-0, I think they will have exceeded my expectations.

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.