Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the correct information is forthcoming, you only have to look at the government s NHS minister - he is not a poker player, YouCan see if not his face his actions something is not correct information wise.....
Thought the same myself Joe.
Saw a video today of around 100 folks in space suits and fogging machines 'Deep cleaning' a street ( in China i think) , pavement , tarmac and even trees.
Something tells me this way more than they are letting on.

Here we have all the top guys being wheeled out to tell us to wash our hands , yet in China you are arrested & even fined for not wearing a mask in public.

No somethings not right mate.

Saw a video today of around 100 folks in space suits and fogging machines 'Deep cleaning' a street ( in China i think) , pavement , tarmac and even trees.

Here we have all the top guys being wheeled out to tell us to wash our hands , yet in China you are arrested & even fined for not wearing a mask in public.

China have many reasons to want to terrify their public and show they're "on top of things" - there is talk of dissent there and they'll to to any lengths to stop that.

Here I think the truth is as simple as it seems - the virus kills the vulnerable and our economy can't stand up to the measures needed to protect them, so we (currently) plan not to do so and hope it'll go away. The medical guy will have the instinct to protect people first, and know we need some china type measures for a while, but the government will have told him otherwise.

I can't believe how slow the response is - forget meeting the sporting heads to maybe come up with a plan tomorrow, games should be behind closed doors this weekend. You dont need to be a maths genius to see the strain on the health system that will come from Italy style numbers, which realistically we already have just haven't tested yet

Any spare masks for the derby?

This one?

Its definitely more than just the 'flu'. I also wonder if we are not being told everything.

In saying that, look at the behaviour of people now, so imagine if public got wind of something really bad - it would be like the walking dead

Coz they can, in the West no one can...

Lots of weird responses on this, see the same on social media.

“It’s only 90 people”. Sure, and if it stays at 90, that’s fine, but the measures they’re talking about are to stop it going into 10s of thousands as has happened in China.

“It’s a very small chance of dying”. Mortality is 3.4% according to the WHO. Sounds small, but once you apply to big numbers it’s still significant.

E.G. If the 40,000 people in Goodison all got it, that would be 1,360 people.

Flu mortality rate is less than 1% and yet 14000 have died so far in the US

Coronavirus is 3.4%?

Not really - person who died was elderly and had underlying health conditions.

The majority of fatalities have been the elderly which is common with most illnesses. I haven't an issue with then shutting down events but meh too much scaremongering going on in the media for my liking.

Mate you know less about this than football

Need to watch what is happening

Flu mortality rate is less than 1% and yet 14000 have died so far in the US

Coronavirus is 3.4%?
This Corona is much harder to catch than flu. Also there's no vaccine, there is for flu, if there was no vaccine for flu the mortality rate would be closer to corona.

I'm holiday at the moment and so many people at the airport and plane banging on about how the flus much worse etc etc. Nobody listens to experts may more fgs.

This graph pretty simply sums up why we need to be trying to contain it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200308-085442.png
    Screenshot_20200308-085442.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 115
16m people now in lockdown in Northern Italy.
This season could well be halted. Particularly if the virus gets into a club players. Couldn’t even play behind closed doors then.

Status
Not open for further replies.