2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get it. He’s going to be 36 next season, what’s the point? Thought we’d start to be a bit more proactive under Brands and stop hoarding relics from the past, but no, it appears Bill is still having his way.

What are we going to do with Lewis Gibson? He’s 19 going on 20, he’s had a fantastic loan spell this season, why can’t he be backup left back in the same way Holgate learnt his trade as a backup right back? It worries me how stuck in the past we are.

No mate, I’d rather we bought a young left back to be Digne’s understudy with the intention of him taking over from him when he leaves. Don’t know why our fans are terrified of moving on, people wanted to keep Jagielka for another season as backup rather than play Holgate.
Digne's 26 mate. No understudy comes in with hopes of taking over in 4 years, maybe 6, maybe 8. That's just impractical. We've got a good left back that's free and is a known quantity, and probably better than half the left backs in the league.

Ancelotti's move doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He was playing Maldini at AC Milan when he was 40.

This is a terrible mistake if it happens. Baines is no Maldini. We have to be bringing in good young kids to keep us moving forward.

If that lad from Hearts goes to another PL club and we're stuck with this no paced donkey it'll be an utter disgrace.

No mate, I’d rather we bought a young left back to be Digne’s understudy with the intention of him taking over from him when he leaves. Don’t know why our fans are terrified of moving on, people wanted to keep Jagielka for another season as backup rather than play Holgate.

A young LB, 20m, plus wages, 40m, to play 5 or 6 times a season, thats just a complete waste of money.
What are we going to do with Lewis Gibson? He’s 19 going on 20, he’s had a fantastic loan spell this season, why can’t he be backup left back in the same way Holgate learnt his trade as a backup right back? It worries me how stuck in the past we are.
Lewis Gibson would be better served going on loan for another season rather than playing 5 or 6 times for us.

Digne's 26 mate. No understudy comes in with hopes of taking over in 4 years, maybe 6, maybe 8. That's just impractical. We've got a good left back that's free and is a known quantity, and probably better than half the left backs in the league.
Erm, players are sold - regularly.

We have to have younger players coming through behind current first team players.

Ancelotti's move doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He was playing Maldini at AC Milan when he was 40.

This is a terrible mistake if it happens. Baines is no Maldini. We have to be bringing in good young kids to keep us moving forward.

If that lad from Hearts goes to another PL club and we're stuck with this no paced donkey it'll be an utter disgrace.

We can still bring in a good young LB.

Send him on loan to improve rather than waiting for the best LB in world football to get injured.

We can still bring in a good young LB.

Send him on loan to improve rather than waiting for the best LB in world football to get injured.
Send out a player already a first choice now?

No.

FFS, no wonder we win f.a. - hanging onto no marks like Baines.

No other club in this PL looking to get a top 4 spot would tolerate that phoney by handing him a contract until he's 36 or 37.

It's why a search for a trophy will extend into three decades. But it's all ok, "One of Us" has got a new contract and the Everton arl arse club remains in place...like a hand over the mouth smothering us.

No.

No other club in this PL looking to get a top 4 spot would tolerate that phoney by handing him a contract until he's 36 or 37.

It's why a search for a trophy will extend into three decades. But it's all ok, "One of Us" has got a new contract and the Everton arl arse club remains in place...like a hand over the mouth smothering us.
I mean I don't think Baines staying or going has any bearings on us winning a trophy dave..

No.

So you want us to spend 40m on a player for him to sit on the bench for 80% the season and you had the cheek to say Koeman spent like a drunken sailor.

Status
Not open for further replies.