2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Carlo will get more out of Pickford and it would be premature to get rid of him - I see Adrian make a rickets at Chelsea tonight and De Gea didn't look to hot on Sunday. Pope and Henderson aren't a patch on Pickford; don't have his passing ability (which is important) and I'm not sure they would stand up to pressure. I remember Grobbeler making a few howlers and yet he made an impression on those others across the park.

The team are getting better every week under the management of Carlo, I think the same will happen with Pickford

His passing ability isn’t important, and anyway what passing ability?? His passing is absolutely dreadful.

I really hope he loses his England place. He's too big for his boots and needs bringing down. He has had zero competition for his Everton place in three years and lo and behold he's become stale and actually got worse. The club is as much to blame as they've never had a half decent backup to him on the books.

Carlo is obviously a fan of a GK who costs him a goal every other week. He also loves answering questions about him in the media, every week. Of course he’s going to back him publicly. If he doesn’t, his price tag goes down about 10 mill and the player downs tools. But there’s no way in this world that Carlo will build a successful team with this plonker in goal. If the best people can come up with is “he will improve” then that’s based on an assumption. That’s a gamble, not a fact. I’m sure Carlo would rather stick his reputation on the line with a solid, reliable number one.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Walcott is just as culpable for the Fernandez goal, how a professional player with hundreds of appearances over nearly 2 decades can mess up a simple ball that much is beyond me. Pickford totally didn’t expect it and that’s why his positioning was wrong. From where I was behind the goal Pickford got a bit of stick but nothing like the amount Walcott got.

Pulled off a fantastic double save at the other end too. I don’t like his attitude or his persona (highlighted by his reaction to the double save)but I think he’s getting an unfair amount of stick for this online.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Walcott is just as culpable for the Fernandez goal, how a professional player with hundreds of appearances over nearly 2 decades can mess up a simple ball that much is beyond me. Pickford totally didn’t expect it and that’s why his positioning was wrong. From where I was behind the goal Pickford got a bit of stick but nothing like the amount Walcott got.

Pulled off a fantastic double save at the other end too. I don’t like his attitude or his persona (highlighted by his reaction to the double save)but I think he’s getting an unfair amount of stick for this online.

Players are going to lose possession. It happens. We could take some measures not to lose the ball in dangerous areas but realistically it should have been just a case of us stupidly losing possession and then their player hitting a speculative shot at goal that our keeper easily deals with.

I really hope he loses his England place. He's too big for his boots and needs bringing down. He has had zero competition for his Everton place in three years and lo and behold he's become stale and actually got worse. The club is as much to blame as they've never had a half decent backup to him on the books.

I don't get this too big for his boots stuff, I really don't.

"Hey I think I'm great, lets play crap to prove it!" it doesn't make any sense.

He may just not be that good.

Can be tough to pull yourself out of a bad run of form, sometimes a stint on the sides is necessary, do we have adequate cover?

Players are going to lose possession. It happens. We could take some measures not to lose the ball in dangerous areas but realistically it should have been just a case of us stupidly losing possession and then their player hitting a speculative shot at goal that our keeper easily deals with.
You can’t just write off Walcott dealing with the ball so poorly as something that just happens though. I’d say we were playing with 10 men the whole game but it’s untrue because he had an impact in gifting United a goal. Pickford should’ve been smarter and should’ve read the game much better but this wasn’t solely his fault

Status
Not open for further replies.