2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha Ha Ha.

The Sky era.

Just as a comparison, what would City's average position be?

Like I cba looking at Citys.

20 years ago they were a Division 2 team tho.

And its not the Sky Era, its the Premier League era, people get all defensive, but its a cut off point, like WW2, football wasnt the same after the war and the dawn of the Premier League changed football also.

City have 4 won The Premier League 4 times, we have won it ZERO.

I mean our history is great and all that, im lucky enough to remember the 80s, what a time to be alive that was, but its not 1980 anymore, its 2020 and our recent history is full of only misery and pain, I should know, ive suffered through it all.

And its not the Sky Era, its the Premier League era, people get all defensive, but its a cut off point, like WW2, football wasnt the same after the war and the dawn of the Premier League changed football also.

I mean our history is great and all that, im lucky enough to remember the 80s, what a time to be alive that was, but its not 1980 anymore, its 2020 and our recent history is full of only misery and pain, I should know, ive suffered through it all.
I have. However, we are a club that's finished top 7 in 9 of the last 15 seasons.

We've finished in the exulted Top 6 in 6 of the last 15 seasons.

Whatever way you cut it, we are not to be discussed in the same breath as those make weight, no mark clubs.

I have. However, we are a club that's finished top 7 in 9 of the last 15 seasons.

We've finished in the exulted Top 6 in 6 of the last 15 seasons.

Whatever way you cut it, we are not to be discussed in the same breath as those make weight, no mark clubs.

Maybe under Moyes.

Maybe under Carlo.

But the rest was just bad, really bad.

Not everybody is Kevin.
There's a lot of other holes to pick in his game tbh. He's always looked pretty good from a key passes/chances created perspective, the issue has been quality of chances created (a lot of the time it's contested headers or shots from not great areas) and obviously his inability to get into areas to score for himself (he's basically done it 5 times since he got here). He's also somewhere between average and good at moving the ball up field, but he certainly isn't top notch at it.

There's really no way to manipulate stats to make him look better than average from that perspective. I get that most everyone seems to enjoy watching him and when he's on his game he does some great and skillful things, but is he someone I would bet on being a regular starter for a team that gets into the CL places? He really isn't. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Iwobi is either (I'm still hoping) and we know Walcott isn't so we are left with a need for the summer.

I'd also like to see Gordon play some if Europa gets to far out of reach. We aren't far from that now.

We've had 21 players play >45 total minutes this season. Bernard ranks 16th with 982 minutes.

16. Bernard (982)
17. Gomes (696)
18. Kean (604)
19. Baines (333)
20. Tosun (290)
21. Gbamin (135)

Not sure what the point is here. I think it's something along the lines of he's injury prone & not trusted by the manager to receive significant minutes, which is a biit of a problem given his wages.

Got to agree here.

Status
Not open for further replies.