What did Ancelotti really say to Referee Kavanagh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This smug prick clearly has some egotistical issues. He clearly wanted to make the game about himself and make a name for himself. As if denying a last minute winner against Man Utd wasn’t enough for him he clearly couldn’t wait to take it one step further ensuring the headlines were about him by sending off Ancelotti. It’ll be the biggest ‘achievement’ this bell ever accomplishes in his crap career.
In all fairness it was the VAR (or the linesman who insisted it was offisde and should be chalked off as the referee hadn't seen it) who chalked off the goal - that fat waste of space John Moss. The referee clearly wanted his moment in the spotlight though and couldn't get his red card out quickly enough, despite United midfielder Fred approaching him far more aggressively during the match to protest a decision. All in all, hardly surprising that little old Everton get treated much more harshly while United get to steal a point and come out of it smelling of roses. I am only happy that Carlo had the balls to confront him and give his opinion.

Don’t pay any attention to refs after games, but he was holding the cards in his hands & he was super quick to show it. Can’t make much audio out, but you can hear him say he won’t disappear.

Don’t know if that was down to him being prepared for it as soon as he seen Carlo coming, or if they generally just take them out of their pockets & hold them

I don't know what was said, but this is the Ref waking up this morning...

FalseCluelessCockatoo-small.gif

The ref was massively flapping, knew he and the officials got it wrong hence why they went to the centre circle for a chat and sent him off to get rid of him.

Disgusting decision Ancelotti wasn’t animated and was just asking for his reasoning, absolutely no respect shown by a man who didn’t have the balls to check what happened himself in his own game on the monitor. Shouldn’t be refereeing at an elite level ever again and showed himself to be an absolute coward and as a Manc already accused of bias this season Kavanagh should be getting looked into.

i seriously don't understand the red, this is where the ref's in this league show their lack of spine, it's clearly the wrong call based on the reaction, they just need to explain the decision, but they clearly don't. You see it all the time from mike dean, you'll see players running after him asking for an explanation and he's just running away, throwing his arms out, he doesn't want to know. Look at rugby union or cricket, a decision is given and you can clearly see the ref/umpire explaining why they came to that decision ... and the sports are much more gentlemanly as a result. There is massive outrage in these sports whenever cheating happens and hefty bans, but in football you see it every 2 or 3 seconds because there's no respect there.

Isn't the reason in football "because it will cause too much controversy to show replays on the big screen/have ref's miced up"? I mean that's ridiculous, look at the constant controversy in the game, those stupid rules are helping in no way, we just have everyone guessing. At least we've been able to read why the decisions have been made, i can see why the goal was disallowed tbh, siggurdsson did have to move out of the way, but it's obviously taken them a bit of time to get the comms out about why it was disallowed, carlo was obviously not in the know why, and he like all of us are more furious because we all know it was a decision made because of the respective teams rather than the incident, as we've seen all season for us and united getting totally different results from VAR.

at the end of the day, why the hell did he send him off? Purely because he was scared of confrontation. It's baffling, the ref gave the goal, all he had to say was "sorry carlo, i gave the goal, i agree with your viewpoint, the VAR overturned my decision, you'll have to speak to him". What more could have been said?

Is that true? Because in our game against Brighton, I watched one of their defenders call Andy Madley a "f***ing cheat" straight to his face three times and not even get reprimanded.
Was always my understanding. Seen plenty of non league players sent off for just saying it, let alone shouting it. Maybe the rules are interpreted differently if you're a millionaire.

i seriously don't understand the red, this is where the ref's in this league show their lack of spine, it's clearly the wrong call based on the reaction, they just need to explain the decision, but they clearly don't. You see it all the time from mike dean, you'll see players running after him asking for an explanation and he's just running away, throwing his arms out, he doesn't want to know. Look at rugby union or cricket, a decision is given and you can clearly see the ref/umpire explaining why they came to that decision ... and the sports are much more gentlemanly as a result. There is massive outrage in these sports whenever cheating happens and hefty bans, but in football you see it every 2 or 3 seconds because there's no respect there.

Isn't the reason in football "because it will cause too much controversy to show replays on the big screen/have ref's miced up"? I mean that's ridiculous, look at the constant controversy in the game, those stupid rules are helping in no way, we just have everyone guessing. At least we've been able to read why the decisions have been made, i can see why the goal was disallowed tbh, siggurdsson did have to move out of the way, but it's obviously taken them a bit of time to get the comms out about why it was disallowed, carlo was obviously not in the know why, and he like all of us are more furious because we all know it was a decision made because of the respective teams rather than the incident, as we've seen all season for us and united getting totally different results from VAR.
The best bit is that the refs then ask for respect and gob off about being abused by fans and none of the players showing them any respect. Well they’ve now got some technology which can make it so they never make another wrong decision again (which is something many people would love in their job) but instead of using the monitor to get a grip of their own game they’re terrified of going against their mate hundreds of miles away sat in a room who can’t take the game or moment into context.

They’re an incompetent bunch of cowards who’ve put themselves into a “the whole worlds against us” boys and ego club by their sheer inability to do their job they’ve shown over the years which has just made VAR utterly pointless. And I’m not one of the tinfoil hat brigade but a Manc ref already accused of bias taking a game involving a team widely known to get the rub of the green and even had “fergie time” named after them hasn’t given the authorities much credibility has it?

One of the best things about televised RL is the ref mics. Defusing fights, laughing with players and sometimes even admitting they can only call what they see and apologizing. It humanizes them. Even with the video ref you're rarely left scratching your head as to how a decision has been made and some low key grumbling about forward passes aside, I don't think I've ever felt as a lapsed matchgoing fan that the Video Referee has impacted a game significantly.

Football has taken the complete opposite approach of trying to set up its officials as infallible and unquestionable.

Man U players were screaming at the ref all game on yellow cards
McGuire went straight to the referee at half time to argue the point over a few decisions, the way he was pointing to different area’s of the pitch, he had hold of the match ball and after walking away from the referee bounced the ball down in an aggressive manner as he walked towards the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.