Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref doesnt say one word to him, he doesnt try and calm him down he just waits til he stops talking and then sends him off. Because he knows he has no comeback. He is an utter non-entity who has just presided over a farce and somebody who has achieved everything in football is calling him on it.

pretty sure he just swore at him which always = instant red

The PL saw fit to appoint an official from Manchester who was heavily criticised for decisions made in United's favour when they played Chelsea. I'm still trying to workout how that oggie wasn't given and so was the Don.
Roy Keane, illiterate burke, complained about us from the off even suggesting that Ancelotti didn't know what he was doing changing his back line and KEEPER....all the time. Inaccurate or what, the guy is a loose cannon who somehow keeps shooting himself in the foot

Roy Keane is an absolute whopper. He says stuff for a reaction because he is a bit "mad and zany".

“preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision”

that’s the only part of the rule that could be applied to that scenario, and it’s clear he is not blocking sight of the ball and the ref has given the goal.

at best.....at best...it’s extremely dodgy that they looked for only a couple of seconds and said no goal. I think it will come out after they’ve applied the rules incorrectly, but how are they not properly checking and discussing the applications the rule. It is in no way a cut and dried scenario
also the defender touching the ball is playing the man behind him onside.....

Get up and stop blocking the goal at minimum. The only way I'd be alright with him sitting there would be if a teammate was running on to the rebound for an immediate strike. He had time to get up in my opinion.

This takes away from the bigger issue with the goal though; VAR.

Still though, the performance gives me hope. We have the bones of a decent team.

He didn't have time to move, come on.

He could be given stick for his poor passing (he must have had about a 25% success rate today) and his stupid fouls he always give away but anyone blaming him for staying on the floor is pushing their agenda against him too hard.

I’m not going to speak about the performance because we won that, simple as.

I was sat almost level with the pitch behind our goal that referee had absolutely no idea what to do there he was utterly clueless. He was visibly flapping, couldn’t hear his headset and was talking to a linesman was ho obviously didn’t see what happened. Instead of taking charge of his own game and checking the monitor he palmed it off to some bloke sat behind a screen miles away because he was scared of getting it wrong. The replay on the screen showed it should’ve stood to everyone sat there.

The officials went into the centre circle because they absolutely knew they got that one wrong and they quite frankly looked like children trying to hide themselves away. And on a side note I went full on limbs there and if this sport has got to the point where utter incompetence can take that away then I quite frankly don’t want to watch it anymore.

Surely someone watching it in slow time and in various angles will come to the correct decision over a Ref getting to see it once on real time

Some bad cry arse's on here

That’s not true, re-watch it. The ref takes a load off Carlo. Then warns him when Carlo starts on the linesman. Then Carlo carries on to the ref, so the ref sends him off.

All a bit churlish and petty from the official but you don’t usually see the Don react like that.

sadly for you they've just played the audio of the encounter, where he doesn't do that

Gylfi is offside but
  1. He's on the ground so not obstructing GK's view
  2. He gets out of the way and doesn't touch the ball
  3. The shot was deflected so it came off a united player and he isn't offside anyway
  4. De Gea was going the other way because of the deflection and doesn't save it regardless
  5. VAR is corrupt.

He has six seconds to stop feeling sorry for himself after he missed the sitter and run 3 yards to get onside. Instead he turns his head and watches Calvert-Lewin cut inside and shoot. He only bothers to move at the last minute when the ball is on the way into the net

The ref doesnt say one word to him, he doesnt try and calm him down he just waits til he stops talking and then sends him off. Because he knows he has no comeback. He is an utter non-entity who has just presided over a farce and somebody who has achieved everything in football is calling him on it.
Firstly we have no idea what Carlo said and secondly the ref made the correct decision and allowed the goal it was fat arse moss in the VAR room that disallowed the goal, I wouldn't be too critical of the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.