2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the belief in continually dialling him up for any cash required for the next player / stadium scheme is a myth.

He's there. He wants a massive payout and he employs his bag man to sit in and steer the ship in that direction: get Everton to secure the stadium deal (saddling the club with massive debt) then, eventually, sell up.

So we're building the stadium now Dave......
See you've now changed your tact to, "saddle the club with massive debt".
Tell me Dave is that not normal then for a club to have a very large debt, when getting a new stadium ? Or do you think we should get it for free ?

• Four transfer windows since taking up his post: one summer a success; the other a massive failure and waste of cash; the two January windows completely wasted
  • Still we bear no fruit from the academy
  • Has had no input on managerial sackings and appointments
The three areas of his job in total and he's failing in each. Still, Sky Sports broadcast a puff piece acclaiming him as "The Architect" and all is well for many.

The feller is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle.

How can Brands be at fault for the academy when we have an academy ban? Everyone there now was there before him except Branthwaite.

I said the belief in continually dialling him up for any cash required for the next player / stadium scheme is a myth.

He's there. He wants a massive payout and he employs his bag man to sit in and steer the ship in that direction: get Everton to secure the stadium deal (saddling the club with massive debt) then, eventually, sell up.

I tend to find in life , that if you want nice things , then you tend to have to pay for them mate.

We didn't sell Gana for FPP reasons mate. He wanted to go to a rich club that was in the Champions League , and one that was likely to win their championship , and able to compete in the Champions League.

Baines wanted to go to Utd but we didnt get an offer we wanted so we kept him.

Gana is a professional and would have stayed had we said no - the fact was however selling him made a big FFP profit which is why we sanctioned it imo

Baines wanted to go to Utd but we didnt get an offer we wanted so we kept him.

Gana is a professional and would have stayed had we said no - the fact was however selling him made a big FFP profit which is why we sanctioned it imo

He did stay for an extra window. At the end of the day he was a sad loss , but we got a good price for a player of his age imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.