2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, he has. I;d concede that. But he's still not taking up good positions on outfield play when Richarlison, in particularAnothe
Too often.
12 prem goals in 20
I like the lad,but hes not top drawer and never will be,misses far too many chances,not even half chances but clear cut ones,in some games they will come once or twice and you need to put them away
I agree but once the calamities have happened at the back it's down to taking your chances
Your job as a CF is to score goals, the job of a defender and goal keeper is to stop goals.. our 2 CFs scored goals but our defenders and goalkeeper didn’t stop 3.. it’s pretty basic really! I’m concussed

I think it’s OK to say that DCL has made huge improvements this season, that I don’t want to sell him and I’m delighted with his current goal tally....

BUT

Questions still persist over his ability to be a top-level finisher. He lacks composure and it’s not based just on today. He’s missed quite a few sitters recently that may otherwise have cost us and thankfully (aside from today) they haven’t.

For me, he’s shown enough to demonstrate he can be a useful and effective part of the squad, but he’s not a starter if we ever aspire to be regulars in the Europa League.

12 prem goals in 20

Your job as a CF is to score goals, the job of a defender and goal keeper is to stop goals.. our 2 CFs scored goals but our defenders and goalkeeper didn’t stop 3.. it’s pretty basic really! I’m concussed
Sounds like matey.Just because are defence didnt do its job does not mean our striker doesn't have to, it easy really.Dom scored 1 should of scored at least another one.

For me, he’s shown enough to demonstrate he can be a useful and effective part of the squad, but he’s not a starter if we ever aspire to be regulars in the Europa League.

This is more or less what the manager is saying - for all of his success in recent months, he still has a ways to go to be top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.