New Everton Stadium Discussion

There's nothing to be pissed off about.

We're in limbo and waiting the verdict on the PP and the search for funds.

My point is that detailed plans are nothing. They've produced nothing in two decades worth of stadium projects.

Can you just let us know at what point you are going to concede that you are wrong? Is it going to require a ground breaking ceremony? Is it the announcing of financing? It would be helpful.

You have to remember the stadium is not the end game
It’s a door opener to bigger things

If that is the case they definitely should be putting in more money! :p

If I find out Usmanov has made a load of money from Liverpool Waters but he only built a 52k stadium, I'm going to kick him in the balls. (If I can get round the large henchmen of course)

@RobSpurs and @Yid4life how are you finding this aspect of NWHL: being able to walk around the internal circumference of he ground?

I have read that some of the concourses can be quite 'cramped' on a matchday, so I hope that we have factored this into our own design.

35cm isn't a particularly large space if you are required to have a seat for European fixtures, therefore you'd expect that may not be as likely as it suggests.

I know we as a club have looked at rail seating as part of the ground, with some increase in attendances, but perhaps they'd need remedial work before it's possible.

Re the safe standing, even though you have the row with 2 risers, when in 'European/international' mode the seat will be locked down, taking up the space of the highest riser in the row, you will walk on the lower riser to your seat. In effect it will be the same as a normal row just with a lump of concrete under your seat.

As far as I'm aware the stadium will not have these to start with - unless it becomes legal beforehand.

Can you just let us know at what point you are going to concede that you are wrong? Is it going to require a ground breaking ceremony? Is it the announcing of financing? It would be helpful.

Pretty much. And it should be for you too. Because this club has spent the last 2 decades promising a state of the art stadium to its own fans and letting them down...ON 4 SEPARATE STADIUM PROJECTS.

They really should have to secure much more than this to have fans salivating.

PP gained + funds in place + spade in the ground = belief.

Pretty much. And it should be for you too. Because this club has spent the last 2 decades promising a state of the art stadium to its own fans and letting them down...ON 4 SEPARATE STADIUM PROJECTS.

Dave, the previous schemes were barely pipe dreams that went about as far as a few mock up designs. You can’t seriously tell me this time doesn’t feel different. The way we’re going about things is much more professional, not to mention our owner has a multi billionaire best mate and business partner. Oh and there’s the full scale public consultation and the thousands of pages of documents that have gone into the planning permission.

I mean come on, I can maybe understand your lack of faith in them getting it over the line but surely you know this is different to the previous attempts? It’s not even comparable to me.

96A57984-643E-45DA-804C-0B494531016B.jpeg

Nah, the day they break ground, you’ll raise your serious concerns over the spade they’re using.