New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cheers mate, quite a difference in height then which will make this baby monstrous! Is the North roof slightly smaller in height do you think? Looks like it slopes ever so slightly from South to North (just with the South stand being so larger than the North)

Oh it definitely does. But imho that is the upper trusses that grow and not the lower one which I believe is at the same height. If that makes any sense!

Didnt realise it got as far as that.

I had to research it then mate just to be sure we did submit a planning application.

I definitely don't remember seeing any documents available to view like we've seen the last few days though. In fact, there's only ever been one released pic of the Tesco dome which was the aerial view from the corner

We applied for PP for them both? And appointed contractors?

Before my time on here, so maybe we did, but never seen anything other than one piece of artwork for KD.
Yes.

KD received the support of the Liverpool and regional council and Bovis was contracted to go; DK received PP form KMBC and had Barr contracted to build.

Yes.

KD received the support of the Liverpool and regional council and Bovis was contracted to go; DK received PP form KMBC and had Barr contracted to build.

Fair Nuff. Like I said, before my time on here. I think.

Having billionaires on board will hopefully be the difference. Amongst other issues..

I had to research it then mate just to be sure we did submit a planning application.

I definitely don't remember seeing any documents available to view like we've seen the last few days though. In fact, there's only ever been one released pic of the Tesco dome which was the aerial view from the corner
A lot of the stuff was stored on Knowsley's website; all the documentation regarding land development and transport access and egress for the KD stadium; organisations like Cushman and Wakefield produced detail financial reports of the stadium and its role; the club had their own library of stadium plan layouts....data that's largely been dumped now.

Last edited:

Yes.

There was never a hope in hell over Kirkby, every man and his dog knew it was going to be called in. Kings Dock died because the funding was never there, the final nail in the coffin, was Kenwright's refusal to take Greggs offer of the initial money. Still do not remember any of the planning going into the detail of BMD.

L
Where they ?The only concrete thing I remember about Kings Dock, was that Bill had all the money ringfenced :Blink:
If this is all a facade like you make out Dave, they've gone a helluva long way and spent a helluva lot of money fooling us all.lol

I don't think many here actually think it's a "facade" or that the club are not serious about it. But I, like many Everton fans, have been down this road many times. So I don't begrudge anyone who is cautious. We've made another important step, but there are many more to go, so I won't pop the champagne just yet.

There was never a hope in he'll over Kirkby, every man and his dog knew it was going to be called in. Kings Dock died because the funding was never there, the final nail in the coffin, was Kenwright's refusal to take Greggs offer of the initial money. Still do not remember any of the planning going into the detail of BMD.
Destination Kirkby....it went on for 3.5 years; there was lots of detail. It went out for public consultation with every aspect of it covered. It had a government enquiry.

Are you really disbelieving that the scheme was widley assessed and documented? Stadium plan, transportation, finances, economic effects?

L

I don't think many here actually think it's a "facade" or that the club are not serious about it. But I, like many Everton fans, have been down this road many times. So I don't begrudge anyone who is cautious. We've made another important step, but there are many more to go, so I won't pop the champagne just yet.

I bet you have to be absolutely pssed wet through before you'll believe its raining. :rolleyes: