New Everton Stadium Discussion

Brilliant mate just cannot be beaten. I'm in the Top Balc usually and although high there's still a sense of being close to the pitch. Just a shame about the poor views at the place.

Yep Top Balcony though high up is a top drawer veiw. Overlapping stands unfortunately a thing if the past which is a shame, would have loved a couple in the new stadium but understand why they are designed the way they are these days.

That's what gives Goodison it's intimidating feel though, the main stand from pitch side is unbelievably imposing as its basically 13k fans stacked on top of one another. Great stadium, one that I'll miss immensely and one that I feel very privelidged to have been able to call it home for all these years.

I can't argue with that part, but I do think @MarcelsGoat has a good point about how we've to some extent limited ourselves with the final choice of location.

While Bramley-Moore brings around many positives that shouldn't be underestimated, we can't ignore that we are developing on quite a limited site in terms of size.

It also has certain complications that may/are inducing additional costs: filling in the dock. To reach a higher attendance, I suspect* the cost would go up markedly.

Admittedly, I've always been in the camp of 52k being acceptable but not ideal, and I do believe the iconic location itself will be a future draw for fans and business.

However if the club were able to squeeze in a few extra thousand seats (say up to 55k) for a reasonable price, I do believe we should have looked at doing it.

Still, the club have done a lot of research on the numbers, so perhaps we have to trust their judgement and will not see too much of an increase on ticket prices.

*This has been discussed previously although it may have been months or years ago.

Of course and I do understand the issues that are on that side of scales, I'm just thinking about the next 100 years for Everton football club. We are blocked in at one end unless we can move the wastewater plant out eventually and going by height and every other restrictions we are facing now - it isn't going to get any easier when there is actual residential properties around Nelson Dock. Just seems a missed opportunity, it will never be less expensive than now to add seats. It may seem like I'm unhappy and moaning about it, I'm not, I am grateful for what he is giving us, again ot is just that wistful couldn't it be a bit more.

So the new stadium will be 46.86 metres high to roof level
B5D28DE9-B488-4858-97EA-E51E8A749DEE.jpeg

Marwood towers in L5
A857C32A-83F1-4C3A-9CCF-793A1B617094.jpeg

Our new ground is going to be mahoosive

All the months where people were moaning about silence from the club and what the delay was. Then you see the extent of the work that has gone into this planning app. It's an incredible amount of detail - the scale of which makes me so confident that it's actually really going to happen. You don't go to this level of work for something you're not determined to see through to completion.

Club have put in planning permission for the Engine house to be a exhibition/cultural centre with a cafe. Which is pretty much what St Luke's is on a match day. It's a shame it's not going to be a bar like the Pump house at the Albert Dock as that would have worked really well.

To be fair the whole area is going to get re-developed and I'd imagine the club will be fairly confident all sorts will pop up, pubs being brought back to life, bars, resteraunts, businesses.

Saw something that a major hotel chain are wanting to build directly across from the stadium.