New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just had a look at the docs on the council website. Pretty mind blowing tbh. Were do you start with that. Kudos to the people going through it . I though the planning app for my 3x3m conservatory was a pain. The planning that has gone into this application is incredible. Well done to the team at Everton

This is standard for large buildings like this. Planning applications are a huge lump of work. Also, was mainly put together by CBRE who acted on behalf of Everton for pretty much the majority of the process.

Don’t say that! Surely we’ve done everything correctly to prevent this from happening? Especially after the Kirkby fiasco.

Yeah, but its just the sheer size of it as a project and it affects a number of different sectors. The Govt. will want to give it a once over. It'll happen, might just be a few months late getting started.

It does.

On the flip side, our match going support from the City must be similar (considering we have more season ticket holders and they attract and actively target tourists and supporters from elsewhere).

So they outnumber us 2:1 but most of that will be casual, non match going supporters.

Outside of the city their casual supporter base is huge. I live down in London and a fair few of my good friends support them - though none of them have been to Anfield, watched Liverpool play in person, or have any connection to the city.

I know a few like that - never been because "you can't get tickets" apparently, wouldn't even know how to get there even if they did find a ticket, and have no connection in any way shape or form to the city itself! One of them "supported" Liverpool until Souness ruined them as manager - guess who he went off to "support", Man Ure! Even better he's now "seriously thinking" of going back to being a Liverpool fan - can't think why?

Will the away changing room be a cramped and cold room with no warm water and only sporadic electricity? Hope so. Hope it's not like one of those modern changing rooms where they are able to relax in luxury while preparing for the game.

I noticed spurs away is very basic. We’ve been very generous with the changing room and facilities we’re giving away teams.

I know a few like that - never been because "you can't get tickets" apparently, wouldn't even know how to get there even if they did find a ticket, and have no connection in any way shape or form to the city itself! One of them "supported" Liverpool until Souness ruined them as manager - guess who he went off to "support", Man Ure! Even better he's now "seriously thinking" of going back to being a Liverpool fan - can't think why?

My experience of their plastics is that they always have a just-vague-enough uncle who used to take them to the game. Then somehow from travelling the length of the country as an 8 year old they got out of the habit once they had cash of their own.

So what is the situation concerning bars then ? At the moment I get to around Goodison about an hour and a half before the match go to the pub for a few pints then head in 10 minutes before kickoff. I don't go to the fan park outside the Park End and stand in the cold and cant see me doing this outside Bramley Moore USM Arena.As there are few pubs in the vicinity what is proposed for the non hospitality fans.....heading for the new East stand. Are there inside bar seating areas?

[
It will change everything, we will have a waterfront iconic stadium and idc surrounded by new developments (Liverpool Waters). It will become a place pointed out to all. It is what the club primarily needs to propel us.

Fort me much is in place now for our future, Our owner, Our DoF, Our manager, The basis of a very good team. Quite something to look forward to only regret is I am quite on in years as our some other members on here who may not see this come to fruition.

Hope I can and sit on the front with my wife enjoying a bottle of wine overlooking the river.

As someone who was lucky enough to watch the 69-70 team then travel all over the place watching the teams in the 80's I've said for a while now that what I want is for my lad who is twenty six now and my nephew who is nineteen to experience what it is like to watch a successful Everton team! For the three of us to be able to watch the team become successful in a stadium with the potential of BMD is stuff to be "made up" about! Can't wait!

But dearie me I'll miss Goodison Park!

So what is the situation concerning bars then ? At the moment I get to around Goodison about an hour and a half before the match go to the pub for a few pints then head in 10 minutes before kickoff. I don't go to the fan park outside the Park End and stand in the cold and cant see me doing this outside Bramley Moore USM Arena.As there are few pubs in the vicinity what is proposed for the non hospitality fans.....heading for the new East stand. Are there inside bar seating areas?

Tried the current fan zone and hate that it’s outside when it’s either raining or freezing every game. Bit gutted they’re making out the vast space is a “fan plaza” when I can imagine most people feel the same.

I’m hoping the plan is to get people in the stadium concourse early and stay after, as the space inside looks huge.

Would love to be able to go down straight at the full time whistle and grab a pint waiting for the 17:30 kick off. Or get there early and watch the 12pm ko (based on We play at 3pm.