Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
City got found out this season... And...they have no defence.

Be sure your sins will find you out.

It's quite delicious listening to some of their fans reflect the owner's complaint against UEFA on the grounds of elitism. They got found out, compounded by their actions in refusing to cooperate, and now they are likely to be investigated again. The ban and fine and loss of income is but nothing compared with the largesse that the club has enjoyed from Shinawatra and now ADU.

Tough Luck

City got found out this season... And...they have no defence.

Be sure your sins will find you out.

It's quite delicious listening to some of their fans reflect the owner's complaint against UEFA on the grounds of elitism. They got found out, compounded by their actions in refusing to cooperate, and now they are likely to be investigated again. The ban and fine and loss of income is but nothing compared with the largesse that the club has enjoyed from Shinawatra and now ADU.

Tough Luck

You and I don’t know the actually truth, city woudnt appeal atall if they didn’t think they have done nothing wrong. I hope they win the appeal

You and I don’t know the actually truth, city woudnt appeal atall if they didn’t think they have done nothing wrong. I hope they win the appeal

Of course they would!

They just have to believe theres a chance they can get off on a technicality or have FFP declared a restraint of trade. Theyve never seriously disputed the charges, they just want to destroy the rule.

The surprise for me mate, is that Uefa has actually picked this fight. I know there was a ground swell around it after the German articles and ive no doubt City have been riding rough shot over both the Uefa and PL rules. I do however find it inconceivable that Uefa cant distinguish that their rules are not laws and if challenged laws supersede, rules and rules may not always comply with the law themselves, you used the Uefa process as a kangaroo court, it really is. Looks to me like Uefa could be on shaky ground if this escalates, though i still feel a cozy solution is going to be found and status quo preserved with City just being fined.
But will the fine appear as a debit on City's books...assuming they have that spare cash on their balance sheet.
Or can The Sheik just pay it out of his petty cash / tea money tin

The surprise for me mate, is that Uefa has actually picked this fight. I know there was a ground swell around it after the German articles and ive no doubt City have been riding rough shot over both the Uefa and PL rules. I do however find it inconceivable that Uefa cant distinguish that their rules are not laws and if challenged laws supersede, rules and rules may not always comply with the law themselves, you used the Uefa process as a kangaroo court, it really is. Looks to me like Uefa could be on shaky ground if this escalates, though i still feel a cozy solution is going to be found and status quo preserved with City just being fined.

I think in situations like this, events and ego's tend to take over and can overcome organisations. You end up fighting a situation that you never wanted to fight in the first place.I think it's going to be very hard for them to back track on this now with any credibility for FFP if they don't punish such blatant rule breaking.

The issue is going to be that a precedent is set. If they don't stick to the initial punishment, and for example try to punish Everton for a similar offence, Everton can then point to whats happened to Manchester City and say "You didn't punish them, why are you punishing us".

However the drawback is the are going to face massive challenges now. I have seen Rick Parry was supposedly on the committee. He better expect to interrogated in cross examination, and have every part of his personal life mulled over. It's easy to make judgements behind closed doors, but cross examination will be brutal for him.

City's CEO sounded very confident to me earlier. Explicitly seemed to say they complied with UEFA and seemed to intimate they have been given certain assurances by CAS. UEFA are going to look really stupid if this falls at the first hurdle. Lets make it very clear as well, if they have briefed that Monsieur is giving £50m p/a and that is deemed as legal, that is the end FFP. They won't be able to impose their rules and so there is absolutely no requirement to stick to them. The whole of football seem to be aware of it now, hence the polarised debate, and that it is a referendum on FFP.

I think in situations like this, events and ego's tend to take over and can overcome organisations. You end up fighting a situation that you never wanted to fight in the first place.I think it's going to be very hard for them to back track on this now with any credibility for FFP if they don't punish such blatant rule breaking.

The issue is going to be that a precedent is set. If they don't stick to the initial punishment, and for example try to punish Everton for a similar offence, Everton can then point to whats happened to Manchester City and say "You didn't punish them, why are you punishing us".

However the drawback is the are going to face massive challenges now. I have seen Rick Parry was supposedly on the committee. He better expect to interrogated in cross examination, and have every part of his personal life mulled over. It's easy to make judgements behind closed doors, but cross examination will be brutal for him.

City's CEO sounded very confident to me earlier. Explicitly seemed to say they complied with UEFA and seemed to intimate they have been given certain assurances by CAS. UEFA are going to look really stupid if this falls at the first hurdle. Lets make it very clear as well, if they have briefed that Monsieur is giving £50m p/a and that is deemed as legal, that is the end FFP. They won't be able to impose their rules and so there is absolutely no requirement to stick to them. The whole of football seem to be aware of it now, hence the polarised debate, and that it is a referendum on FFP.

You think it will be overturned mate and then they will look into it more, or turn the other way lol

I don't think that any of us know the full facts in this case, so it isn't possible to predict the outcome.
However, the UEFA case needs to be watertight as they are no longer judge and jury.
I think may have a long way to run yet and I wonder what the implications will be for us and other clubs if City are vindicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.