Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
City are a much stronger team in fairness and Ancelotti had barely had a fortnight with the players.

I would like (or hope) that they'll be alot more comfortable in what Ancelotti asks for.

I cant see us not going 3-5-2 in atleast the Chelsea and Liverpool games he's pretty much said today that he isnt going to be rigid in how his team sets up and plays.

He possibly will but I thought against City, even though better than Arsenal, we just looked so exposed down the channels. He might not want to change a winning side anyway.

They looked good second half but they're very inconsistent. Theyve got a difficult game midweek, hopefully they get beat there and get given the runaround. We will be fresh and full of confidence going into this so I'm optimistic.

He possibly will but I thought against City, even though better than Arsenal, we just looked so exposed down the channels. He might not want to change a winning side anyway.

I do like the 4-4-2 but I always feel our midfield get over run too easily in the middle which is fine against the likes of Newcastle & Palace when their forwards are Joelinton and Benteke but I fear the worst against these sorts of teams. Once Davies came on against Palace and we had 3 in midfield it felt like we wrestled back control of the game so maybe even a 4-3-3?

I hope we pull off a result anyway - would take a point.

I do like the 4-4-2 but I always feel our midfield get over run too easily in the middle which is fine against the likes of Newcastle & Palace when their forwards are Joelinton and Benteke but I fear the worst against these sorts of teams. Once Davies came on against Palace and we had 3 in midfield it felt like we wrestled back control of the game so maybe even a 4-3-3?

I hope we pull off a result anyway - would take a point.

Would take a point? I’d take 3 - these are bang average and absolutely crumble under pressure at home.

All this recent excitement and happiness about Everton has got me suspicious. Hoping we continue the run and get the 3 points off Mikel

It'll be a tough game like any other game but I'm confident in our team and our current form and the way we're playing to get 3 points here, They are a very hollow team, Midfield and Defense is absolute garbage for an Arsenal team, Just need to shut Auba down completely.

Trouble is even with how gash arsenal are they still have match winners in Ozil, Laca, Auba and Pepe when he can be assed. really need to hit them early newcastle looked good early we need to get an early goal and keep the pressure

I watched the game yesterday, only to see what they are like. First half Newcastle battered them. 4-0 looks good, but this was not a good Arsenal team or performance. We need to start on front foot and get into them.
We need 4 points next two to stay above them both

This made my head hurt, the OG post, the reply, all of it
B43D836C-FDC0-4C9B-9826-AEAFFD485C58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.