Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a perfectly legitimate topic, and nobody has a gun to my head making me look at this thread, but at this stage it does seem a bit like discussing what Christmas decorations to put up, or where to go on holiday in 2023.
The second the summer transfer window closes you know someone will open a January transfer thread.

Premier League finance rules and FFP mean we will be trading this summer.
I can’t see much of a net spend happening.
So unless we sell someone for big money, not much will happen.

We will buy Sidibe for £15m

Selling JJK will raise say £10m however we may well chose to keep him and let Coleman go.

Tocsun say another £15m

Bolasie looks as though he will be back as it isn’t working out. He needs to be moved on somehow.

We may look to move on Schniderlin and Sigurdsson. which could bring in £20m -£30m.

I think the fourth CB may end up being Lewis Gibson.

Gordon looks as though he will be part Of the first team, joining Gomez, Gbamin and Davies in CM.

We will have to move on Pennington and Dowel And others not making it on loan.

There is a decision to be made about Iwobe. Stick or twist. Particularly if funds are tight.

Overall though, unless there are some outgoings I cannot see many incomings.

I agree.
There is probably a small transfer pot, that will be topped up with any sales.
Tosun, JJK, Schneiderlin and Siggy are probably most saleable.
Bolasie seems to have blown it.
given that we will probably buy Sidebe, there will probably only be one other signing.
I think we'll just bring Kenny back instead of getting Sidibe.

Premier League finance rules and FFP mean we will be trading this summer.
I can’t see much of a net spend happening.
So unless we sell someone for big money, not much will happen.

We will buy Sidibe for £15m

Selling JJK will raise say £10m however we may well chose to keep him and let Coleman go.

Tocsun say another £15m

Bolasie looks as though he will be back as it isn’t working out. He needs to be moved on somehow.

We may look to move on Schniderlin and Sigurdsson. which could bring in £20m -£30m.

I think the fourth CB may end up being Lewis Gibson.

Gordon looks as though he will be part Of the first team, joining Gomez, Gbamin and Davies in CM.

We will have to move on Pennington and Dowel And others not making it on loan.

There is a decision to be made about Iwobe. Stick or twist. Particularly if funds are tight.

Overall though, unless there are some outgoings I cannot see many incomings.

That £30 million Usmanov deal and the fact we'll likely post a profit this year means we'll very well likely spend mate.

I imagine that £94 million loss over 3 years we are currently at will drop to about £50-60 million when next years accounts are posted giving us much more manoeuvre to sign players.

Of course selling the likes of Kenny will also help being home grown - if we could get £12-15 million its a no brainer.

IN:

Dembele / Ings: £50 million - CF

Everton Soares: £25 million - LW

Allan: £25 million - CM

Sidibe: £14 million - RB

Lozano: Loan - RW

Back up cover for CB - Loan

OUT:

Kenny: £15 million
Tosun: £15 million
Besic: £4 million
Bolasie: £3 million
Dowell: £2 million
Pennington: £2 million
Niasse: released
Martina: released
Sandro: Loan
Davies: Loan

COYB!

Last edited:
That £30 million Usmanov deal and the fact we'll likely post a profit this year means we'll very well likely spend mate.

I imagine that £94 million loss over 3 years we are currently at will drop to about £50-60 million when next years accounts are posted giving us much more manoeuvre to sign players.

Of course selling the likes of Kenny will also help being home grown - if we could get £12-15 million its a no brainer.
I hope you are right, but the situation is caused by wages as well as transfers.
We have got into quite a mess buying average players and paying huge salaries. They become unsellable, and really damage the finances. I think there are still two summers before we are out the worst of it, so summer 2021.
The list of players to move on is still huge.
I do think we will look to promote some youngsters this year, even if it is only for a season while the money situation stabilises.
So JJK, Lewis Gibson and Anthony Gordon look like they will step up to me.
I don’t know if Baines will last another year so left back cover may be required.
Whether we get a new CM probably depends on outgoings as does a wide forward.

IN:

Dembele / Ings: £50 million - CF

Everton Soares: £25 million - LW

Allan: £25 million - CM

Lozano: Loan - RW

Sidibe: £14 million - RB

Back up cover for CB - Loan

OUT:

Kenny: £15 million
Tosun: £15 million
Besic: £4 million
Bolasie: £3 million
Dowell: £2 million
Pennington: £2 million
Niasse: released
Martina: released
Sandro: Loan
Davies: Loan

COYB!
So £75m net spend.
Hmmmm

CAS is planning on having a decision on the City spectacle before the opening qualifiers are underway. That's mid July I think. So if a team finishes 5th, they can't realistically go and get their targets because, Im assuming, there would be 2 lists, one for if they are in the CL and one for if they are in the EL. Bit of a crap situation for whomever that is(please be us, please be us, or better yet, 4th)

So £75m net spend.
Hmmmm

Net Spend isnt necessarily a problem for us if the owners are willing to spend the dough - all about amortisation for what effectively hits the books for FFP purposes.

A good example is selling Kenny for £20 million and selling Iwobi for £20 million are two totally different things in the eyes of FFP.

Net Spend isnt necessarily a problem for us if the owners are willing to spend the dough - all about amortisation for what effectively hits the books for FFP purposes.

A good example is selling Kenny for £20 million and selling Iwobi for £20 million are two totally different things in the eyes of FFP.
It all has to hit the books, and while there are some games to play, I doubt we will be spending g that sort of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.