Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC reporting difference between being in knockout stages of CL and the Europa is 70m this season. Let alone no European money for the rest.

When the prize money differentials are so stark FFP is indefensible as if you are year on year 70-100m better off than rivals in your league from euro qualification alone (let alone TV appearance differentials, domestic prize money and subsequent commercials) then it can do nothing other than reinforce the status quo.

Daft thing is it's not even the money that makes the difference, it's the being allowed to spend that comes with it. Plenty of clubs could spend to compete (see man city, Everton et al) but FFP refuses to allow it.

I don’t think City we’re ever catching them from day 1 so I’ve accepted that and it’s nice to see one of the dodgy elite getting what they deserve
Well... only because they imploded.

Though if the RS really HAD to win the league, I'm quite glad it's been done and dusted for so long. It's been over for about 3 months, so it'll hurt so much less when it's actually confirmed. Them winning it on the last weekend would have been just horrific.

Everton, Tottenham, Manchester United, Norwich and Southampton were all punished in 1985 for someone else’s offence, have things changed that much?
Well no one has died this time. And rightly or wrongly, hooliganism was considered a national issue in the 80s.

What City have done isn’t comparable to what they did.

Though if the RS really HAD to win the league, I'm quite glad it's been done and dusted for so long. It's been over for about 3 months, so it'll hurt so much less when it's actually confirmed. Them winning it on the last weekend would have been just horrific.
Not for me I think unfortunately, it’s just Liverpool’s season this one. The Laporte injury was massive though

Funnily enough I was saying this yesterday in work, every kopite knows they've won it and they know we all know and our already over it, so it's just get on to next season, hopefully with us in the champions league

Extra place mightn’t necessarily go to English league

Can UEFA give the place to another country? I've always thought that England get 4 spots in the CL due to their coefficient and then its down to the FA to decide how to allocate them.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on this?

Can UEFA give the place to another country? I've always thought that England get 4 spots in the CL due to their coefficient and then its down to the FA to decide how to allocate them.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on this?
4.08 A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best- placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association, provided the new club fulfils the admission criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.