Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Europa next season could be unhelpful whilst it generates income and attention we would have to start very early playing no mark teams based on the moon.That means a lot of extra games so not sure if I want in right away. But clearly Carlo does.

The difference this time around as opposed to when Koeman and Martinez were here is we have a manager who is experienced enough to be able to manage the demands of playing twice a week and a manager who won't bottle it when we get into the knockout stage.

Everyone here saying they don't want Everton in the Europa League obviously haven't followed Everton away in Europe.

It is boss and completely worth it, so get back in your armchairs and pipe down.

Up the travelling Toffees!

God knows who is saying it because at the match every week we're singing about it!

Always a bit ambivalent about the Europa. It's a long competition without that much financial benefit (relatively speaking) and it can negatively affect league performance. But, I do like playing European teams. Wouldn't moan at all if we had a good run

Always a bit ambivalent about the Europa. It's a long competition without that much financial benefit (relatively speaking) and it can negatively affect league performance. But, I do like playing European teams. Wouldn't moan at all if we had a good run

Yeah these days its worth a considerable amount of dough mate.

Last time we were in it and we didnt even get past the group stages we made 20m+.

And Wolves are showing its not the season killer people think.

Yeah these days its worth a considerable amount of dough mate.

Last time we were in it and we didnt even get past the group stages we made 20m+.

And Wolves are showing its not the season killer people think.

Moyes seemed to get a tune out of the squad playing Thurs / Sun in Europa seasons. Martinez and Koeman were patchier, arguably. Not cast in stone that league form follows, but there's definitely the possibility. It's all good if Ev are performing. Go full Koeman and it'll be grim.

it's a 10-12 point handicap in the league season & only 3 PL teams have managed to finish top 4 while competing the Europa league from the start.

Carlo needs time & IMHO would benefit next season from the cadence of one game per week, preparing the players and focusing 3 points only. If Carlo maintains the trajectory with some new signings, top 4 could be possible next season, but the Europa league effectively rules that or a decent cup run out.
So you’re saying in the Koeman/Allardyce season, even though it was garbage we would’ve finished 60+ points if we weren’t in Europe helping us to finish 7th and get into Europe for last season!? Sorry, not buying that

Moyes seemed to get a tune out of the squad playing Thurs / Sun in Europa seasons. Martinez and Koeman were patchier, arguably. Not cast in stone that league form follows, but there's definitely the possibility. It's all good if Ev are performing. Go full Koeman and it'll be grim.
To be fair, Martinez did well in Europe until the massacre in Kiev. He struggled in the league that season, but to me that was more because the rest of the league had him figured out. In Europe, the teams we played didn't have the benefit of regularly playing against us, and we did very well.

Under Koeman, we were just dire, all around.

Don Carlo could manage it

Here's the fixtures of the teams most likely to be vying for 6/7th, i.e. Man U, Wolves, Sheff U, Arsenal. I've left out Spurs as I think they'll most likely finish 5th. I've given my predictions for their points tallies based on their fixtures. Looks like they all play Leicester, Spurs and us from the top half of the table, as well as playing each other so potential for slip-ups.

Arsenal - Newcastle(h), Everton(h), WHU(h), Brighton(a), Saints(a), Norwich(h), Wolves(a), Leicester(h), Spurs(a), Liverpool(h), Villa(a), Watford(h) - 18pts +31
Man U - Chelsea(a), Watford(h), Everton(a), Man C(h), Spurs(a), Sheff U(h), Brighton(a), Bournemouth(h), Villa(a), Saints(h), Palace(a), WHU(h), Leicester(a) - 22pts + 35
Sheff U - Brighton(h), Norwich(h), Newcastle(a), Man U(a), Spurs(h), Burnley(a), Wolves(h), Chelsea(h), Leicester(a), Everton(h), Saints(a) - 21pts +39
Wolves - Leicester(h), Norwich(h), Spurs(a), Brighton(h), WHU(a), Bournemouth(h), Villa(a), Arsenal(h), Sheff U(a), Everton(h), Burnley(a), Palace(h), Chelsea(a) - 23pts + 35

The Bloos - Arsenal(a), Man U(h), Chelsea(a), RS(h), Norwich(a), Leicester(h), Spurs(a), Saints(h), Wolves(a), Villa(h), Sheff U(a), Bournemouth(h) - 22 pts + 35

Final positions
6th Sheff U - 60 pts
7th Wolves - 58 pts
8th Man U - 57 pts
9th Everton - 57 pts
10th Arsenal - 49 pts

Hopefully I'm very wrong and the other teams fail to pick up points, whilst we smash everyone in sight finishing in 4th.

Arsenal are crap but that’s a very nice set of fixtures for them

I really don't understand some views on this thread. What do people want or what are their expectations as an Evertonian. Do you enjoy going to watch Palace, Brighton, Norwich in your seat at Goodison every week, with no atmosphere and a 10th finish
Or do you want to be playing under the lights on a Thursday against European opposition, who sometimes bring a load of crazy fans, whilst also embarking on some random journeys to places you've never been before.
As for the squad not coping, is this not where Baines, Keane, Coleman, Davies, Walcott, Kean, Tosun this season would have been given minutes? We moan we don't see much of Kean, yet he would start every European game.
As for lower opposition, the same people don't moan when we drew Lincoln and Sheffield Wednesday this season in a different cup.
There's more to life than the premier league, a trophy we aren't going to win!

Here's the fixtures of the teams most likely to be vying for 6/7th, i.e. Man U, Wolves, Sheff U, Arsenal. I've left out Spurs as I think they'll most likely finish 5th. I've given my predictions for their points tallies based on their fixtures. Looks like they all play Leicester, Spurs and us from the top half of the table, as well as playing each other so potential for slip-ups.

Arsenal - Newcastle(h), Everton(h), WHU(h), Brighton(a), Saints(a), Norwich(h), Wolves(a), Leicester(h), Spurs(a), Liverpool(h), Villa(a), Watford(h) - 18pts +31
Man U - Chelsea(a), Watford(h), Everton(a), Man C(h), Spurs(a), Sheff U(h), Brighton(a), Bournemouth(h), Villa(a), Saints(h), Palace(a), WHU(h), Leicester(a) - 22pts + 35
Sheff U - Brighton(h), Norwich(h), Newcastle(a), Man U(a), Spurs(h), Burnley(a), Wolves(h), Chelsea(h), Leicester(a), Everton(h), Saints(a) - 21pts +39
Wolves - Leicester(h), Norwich(h), Spurs(a), Brighton(h), WHU(a), Bournemouth(h), Villa(a), Arsenal(h), Sheff U(a), Everton(h), Burnley(a), Palace(h), Chelsea(a) - 23pts + 35

The Bloos - Arsenal(a), Man U(h), Chelsea(a), RS(h), Norwich(a), Leicester(h), Spurs(a), Saints(h), Wolves(a), Villa(h), Sheff U(a), Bournemouth(h) - 22 pts + 35

Final positions
6th Sheff U - 60 pts
7th Wolves - 58 pts
8th Man U - 57 pts
9th Everton - 57 pts
10th Arsenal - 49 pts

Hopefully I'm very wrong and the other teams fail to pick up points, whilst we smash everyone in sight finishing in 4th.
That's all I read.

I really don't understand some views on this thread. What do people want or what are their expectations as an Evertonian. Do you enjoy going to watch Palace, Brighton, Norwich in your seat at Goodison every week, with no atmosphere and a 10th finish
Or do you want to be playing under the lights on a Thursday against European opposition, who sometimes bring a load of crazy fans, whilst also embarking on some random journeys to places you've never been before.
As for the squad not coping, is this not where Baines, Keane, Coleman, Davies, Walcott, Kean, Tosun this season would have been given minutes? We moan we don't see much of Kean, yet he would start every European game.
As for lower opposition, the same people don't moan when we drew Lincoln and Sheffield Wednesday this season in a different cup.
There's more to life than the premier league, a trophy we aren't going to win!
Vault me at the end of the 2023/2024 Season!!

The difference this time around as opposed to when Koeman and Martinez were here is we have a manager who is experienced enough to be able to manage the demands of playing twice a week and a manager who won't bottle it when we get into the knockout stage.
He specifically said he is use to playing very 3 days and he likes it

Status
Not open for further replies.